Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after latest Android Update Version 10

(Topic created on: 07-02-2020 05:34 PM)
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have multiple keyboards set in Samsung keyboard -> Languages and types. 

The probelm I have, after the most recent update taking place (some week ago now) the predictive text is no longer showing up for russian keyboard. Why? 

I have English, UK and Portugese, they both show predictive text above. But not fur russian. This is very frustrating as I relied on this feature a lot when writing emails etc. 

Could you please share any suggestions and flag a fault for this. 

So far I have tried resetting the keyboard settings and restarting the phone. 

This happened after the latest software update. 

Thanks

Go to solution
211 REPLIES 211
Ollie76
First Poster
Options
i have the same problem since update no predictive text for english keyboard. i followed Taz786 folloeed very good instructions until i got tp the part where to delete either cache or data where you have said delete data, when i click on this it comes up with the following message.

"If you clear all data all of this application data will be deleted permantley.
This includes all files. settings, accounts, data bases etc.
When every updates come instead of making the phone better it messes it all up. So hope someone can help
thanks ollie.
0 Likes
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

I have an S7 running Android 8, Samsung Experience 9. I've had it a few years. Changed nothing. A month ago I lost my usual predictive text, where if I'm typing something I can put the cursor on the word and I'll see other word options. Was there an update that wrecked this function? Can I get this function back? What is going on? 

0 Likes
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

Me too. The solution didn't work. 

0 Likes
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

Nope. Any fix for this yet? I liked my predictive text. Somebody stole it. Why? Please let me have it back... 

Aleks231
First Poster
Options

It works! Many thanks 😊 

0 Likes
Rushbrook
First Poster
Options
Thank you, works a treat
0 Likes
HeathIII
First Poster
Options

That did it

TQ

0 Likes
Professorclown
Student
Options

Try this - Settings > General management > Language & input > On-screen keyboard > Samsung keyboard > Smart typing > Predictive text - select this and any other relevant 'buttons' you need e.g. 'auto replace', 'auto spell check', etc.  Hope this helps, it sorted my issue out.

0 Likes
milonsyich
First Poster
Options
It worked thank you
0 Likes
Kim811
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for your answer, it works again 😊 😀 

0 Likes