Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after latest Android Update Version 10

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 06:41 PM)
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have multiple keyboards set in Samsung keyboard -> Languages and types. 

The probelm I have, after the most recent update taking place (some week ago now) the predictive text is no longer showing up for russian keyboard. Why? 

I have English, UK and Portugese, they both show predictive text above. But not fur russian. This is very frustrating as I relied on this feature a lot when writing emails etc. 

Could you please share any suggestions and flag a fault for this. 

So far I have tried resetting the keyboard settings and restarting the phone. 

This happened after the latest software update. 

Thanks

211 REPLIES 211
JadedJak
Apprentice
Options

It was the opposite for me. I was using the beta and had to switch back to the standard. 

0 Likes
XIII
Apprentice
Options
It worked,thank you for this!!!
denon480
Journeyman
Options

What about lost all my predictive words after update to one ui 2.1? I mean update from android10 btb1 to android 10 ctc9, with this update samsung keyboard update to version 5.0.10.41 and all my predictive words lost, some one have solutionfor this problem? Reset data app dont help, smartswitch dont help, my backup in samsung cloud dont help, nothing help. Samsung come back my words!!! 

Sorry for my english 

0 Likes
XIII
Apprentice
Options

go to Settings>General management>Language and input>On-screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard. Click About Samsung keyboard. Now click the i icon in the top right hand corner. Click Storage, at the bottom of the screen you will see 2 options > Clear Data and Clear Cache. You want to click on  clear data. Once this is done, your app is now reset/restored. It will now work as normal. 

0 Likes
denon480
Journeyman
Options
XIII did you type for me?
0 Likes
Freestate
First Poster
Options

Thanks for tip, but somehow it also did not work for me. Any extra help or advice appreciated!

0 Likes
Livefit
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for posting this solution!  I followed your instructions and my problem was solved immediately. 

Lea80
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, don't know if this will help but after resetting I was automatically put on English (US) so I downloaded English (UK) and on the keyboard when typing a message, the space bar has arrows on it, swipe it to UK and everything went back to normal. Hope it helps someone x 

0 Likes
danielles
First Poster
Options

I've got the S9+ and I've tried all the solutions recommended in this thread, but none of them worked for me... also I can't find the Samsung Keyboard Neural Beta neither in the Settings nor in Galaxy Store, so I couldn't try using it. Please help!

0 Likes
JadedJak
Apprentice
Options
Did you check "manage keyboards" first? It has to be enabled there before it shows as an option.
0 Likes