Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive text mixing different languages

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 08:14 AM)
S10_BR
First Poster
Options

I've an S10 model and work with 4 different languages - Portuguese (BR), US English (US), Spanish (SP) and French (FR) - and until recently it had been working perfectly suggesting words according each selected languange. After a recent update, it is now mixing all languanges which is making the predictive function almost useful. 

I've already cleaned the cache and the data but nothing has changed. I haven't found any similar case through Google.

Please help me restore my love for my S10! 😉

7 REPLIES 7
GB_Sam
First Poster
Options

having same issue in note 9 ..:face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes
carlosultra
Apprentice
Options
mine is mixing portuguese and English UK.
0 Likes
CA207
First Poster
Options

I have just got that on an update this evening. Please help! Samsung Galaxy S9 mixing Gujarati and English. Predictive text in both being mixed and the occasional translation of the word!

0 Likes
GellyBean
First Poster
Options
I've been waiting for weeks for them to get back to me on this after making a report. it makes everything to do with languages useless. SO annoying!
0 Likes
Lemonlime623
First Poster
Options

NOOOOOO.... I FINALLY figure out how to word what I'm looking for (I kept getting results for how to add on a language), and I come to find out the issue hasn't been solved yet... UGH...

Bright side, it's nice to know I'm not alone, that more people are having the same issue. It's always better to commiserate with someone than alone. 

0 Likes
NoteSX
First Poster
Options
this is an issue. fine before update, now I've got 3 languages mixing up the swiping, and it's close to unusable.

I'm on the S20 ultra, does that mean Samsung just won't fix this??

any news from Samsung support?
0 Likes
Zanussi
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, predictive text does not match the keyboard language setting.

I'm really disappointed (but not at all surprised) that Samsung Electronics ignores it's customers. 

0 Likes