0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mike4scuba

Is the phone hot to the touch ?

Is it comfortable to hold ?

A phone warming up can be attributed to a number of factors such as weather conditions,  keeping it in a pocket or bag, Apps using it aggressively in the background for GPS etc, bad coded Apk files etc. 

My suggestion is to clear the phones system files and see how it performs. 

Putting it in Safe Mode which disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation may help. 

Ultamitley a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further with this situation via a diagnostic on the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
mike4scuba
Explorer
Options
Hope it's not got the same issue as the lady from New York whose note 9 caught fire and is in the news.
Reminiscent of the note 7
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @mike4scuba!

Samsung takes customer safety very seriously and we stand behind the quality of the millions of Galaxy devices in use. We have not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note9 device and we are investigating the matter.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested above? Our Support Centres are also always to help out with this, and will (in just about all cases) be able to see you the same day. You'll be able to find your closest Support Centre here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/.

We're here if you need us!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes