Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone OS being emulated

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 02:55 PM)
Ma_d
Journeyman
Options

So long story but somehow someone in singapore (where i bought the phone but i am from UK) has SU access to my phone without my knowledge. They are no connection or relation to me and I'm hoping Samsung can help me restore my device.

I've tried reloading the firmware via switch but SU access isn't granted to me. I have a long list of hidden apps with advanced special permissions that are pretty much spying on me and my SIM Service toolkit (vodafone) keeps moving. 

Every time I post on a public forum they tend to retreat and reload a more official less fake looking OS version that is no longer emulated.

I've tried contacting GCHQ because I was paranoid about the terrorist attack in Reading where I was present at the scene and my device was acting odd and worried this device was connected, that's how bad this paranoia has become. 

I will throw the phone away soon if it can't be fixed because with the battery usage and special permissions granted to the disability services that are running all the time I am 100% certain the phone is constantly spying and detrimental to my usage.

Every app is "com. " So it's being emulated onto my phone. They've pretty much gained access to all of my accounts (linkedin, facebook) so I'm just going to have to delete everything as the google account it's all linked too has been compromised. 

I've contacted the online support centre chatbot several times and it keeps pausing before theres any solution. At this point if Samsung can take the device off of my hands and either reset it for me or just research how this happened then that would be most useful but I'm open to more options or ways to escalate this quickly.

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
@Ma_d: This is a strange one, but I understand your concerns. Did you purchase the phone from a reputable retailer in Singapore?
What I'd suggest is returning the phone to its default settings via a Factory Data Reset, although please be aware that this will remove all personal data from the device. With this in mind, you may wish to create an external backup via Smart Switch or Samsung Cloud. To factory reset the phone, please go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset.
0 Likes
Ma_d
Journeyman
Options
I have already. Its more advanced than a factory rset. It will need to be flashed and it needs to be looked at by a security team.

It was bought from Samsung store on orchard street Singapore nov 2019
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The OP has tried Smart Switch and it didn't work. To have SU granted the device has been rooted. A factory reset will only restore the compromised OS. This device needs to be flashed with stock firmware. This device may even be a clone. We need to know what firmware is on the device and its Knox status
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Ma_d: You can try visiting a Samsung Experience Store or Support Centre near you, however as the device is not a UK model it is unlikely that our engineers will be able to assist you, due to software variances that exist in our phones from region to region. To find your nearest service location, please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
Ma_d
Journeyman
Options
Knox 3.4.1 , api level 30, tima 4.1.0
One ui 2
Android version 10

Baseband :
N960fxxu5dtc9

Kernel version :
4.9.118-18063799
#1 tue mar 24 20:37:45 kst 2020

Build number:
Qp1a.190711.020.N960fxxu5dtc9

SE for android status:
Enforcing
SEPF_sm-n960f_10_0010
#1 tue mar 24 20:57:56 2020

Service provider sw ver.
saomc_sm-n960f_oxm_xsp_qq_0011
2ac41140aa3f7ece
Xsp/xeu.thl.xsp

Security software version
MDF v3.1 release 5
Wlan v1.0 release 2
Vpn pp-mod v2.1 release 3.0
Asks v3.1 release 20200120
Adp v3.0 releade 20190101
Fips boringssl v1.4
Fips skc v1.9
Fips scrypto v2.2
Fips fmp v1.4
Smr apr-2020 release 1

Android security patch april 1

I have no idea how legit that data is but if I could post you the list of apps under android system that have overreaching access then you would see.

but knox isn't present on my device anymore and neither can I use samsung pay. It has been rooted without my knowledge, but when I use a root checker it says I am not rooted.

I feel like I am on an emulated sandboxed version. What is also more interesting is the UI has advanced, before it was a very low quality mimic of android OS but it's increasing in quality. I know this isn't just UI official uodates because it flicks back and forth between bad quality and official.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not concerned with apps with "com" in their names, that is normal, so don't worry.
Can you check out the warranty bit for me? Turn off device and go into download mode. At the top of the screen you should see product name, current binary etc. The last item is Knox Warranty void. If it says 0x0, the device has not been rooted, 0x1 means it has been. Please confirm its status
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

following along here i dont see if any solutions were made to you but i have same issues and in my ccaseci know 100 percent for that im hacked in thos way as my hacket likes to brag about powning.  my ex hacked me in yhe very same wsy and is constantly wastching and controling my device i know this becausr i

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

sorry she cutme off just now from the other room where she then gave me the middle finger. please let me knw if you learn any fixes . because changing pass words and creatinng new accounts dont work. neother does factory  reset.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
  1. Mine is the exact same thing. A matter of fact I am in the U.S. Samsung states I am and now I am here. It took me 2 TWO years to get samsung to listen, S22 U replaced on 10/19/2023, everything is now back to the same as the phone before the replacement as of 11/10/23. I was in the middle of typing this morning and the keep open lock app to screen started on several apps. I hurried and unlocked them and swiped to get rid of the apps. Can someone PLEASE let me know what to do???? 2.5 years and its seriously affecting my mental health!!!
0 Likes