Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PERMANENT REMOVAL OF FACEBOOK APP

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 04:22 PM)
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Does anybody know how i can remove all Facebook-related apps permanently off of my device? I've uninstall FB Messenger, and WhatsApp, but I am only able to DISABLE Facebook - not permanently remove it. Can I delete it via DEVELOPER OPTIONS?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is no way unless you root your phone which is a road you wouldn't want to go down. Mine has been disabled.
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Cheers! Ill give it a go! 😊
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Hope it works! Please let me know if it did
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
My antivirus on the PC flashed me a warning about the FASTBOOT download, so I called a halt on attempting removal. I guess I'll just have to content myself with disabling only. I do wish bloatware was far easier to remove, I mean, if I can buy a Windows installation disc without 3rd -party bloatware, why can't I buy a phone with only the basic Android OS installed, then I can add only what I want on the device? 😒
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Don't worry about the warning, this procedure is completely safe and easy to do
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Steven9761: Some third party apps that come pre-installed on our mobile devices such as Facebook are part of the software, and cannot be uninstalled. As you have discovered you can disable them to prevent them from working in the background, so they shouldn't feel too intrusive. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

TribegirlOMG
Apprentice
Options
If you have google play, then go to the app and there is an uninstall button
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
It doesn't uninstall apps that were "baked in" to the phone. I can only disable the app, but thanks anyway. 😊
0 Likes