Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimise

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 12:24 PM)
maggiethecat
Pioneer
Options
Optimising my phone won't clear the data stored in my apps will it?

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@maggiethecat: The Optimise Now feature will check your device for things like app crashes, high battery usage, malware and close down background apps. It's a great way to keep your phone running smoothly, and alert you to any potential problems. 

maggiethecat
Pioneer
Options
Ok that sounds alright 🙂
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Not that it works. S21 ultra is suffering with a camera wakelock that basically prevents camera rattle while walking with phone in pocket. It's like image stabilization is permanently on when the display is off to keep the camera from moving around and Uses a ton of battery but you can check device care and it will tell you no battery drain and everything is normal.
Solution
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I can be at work for 7 hours with my phone in my pocket and go from 100% to 70% while not using the phone. Samsung refuse to acknowledge the issue and say it's working as intended. Temporary solution is to disable sensor's. This stops it from happening but you can't open the camera, and step counter doesn't work, auto rotate doesn't work. So it's not the best work around but until Samsung fix it. It's the best thing right now. Screenshot_20210716-103428_Samsung Members_2175.jpgScreenshot_20210716-103506_One UI Home.jpg
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Basically that sensor off Will stop features voice record camera stops apps tracking you if you switch on sensor on when phone is not in use I have the same feature I only switch it on when I'm not using my phone it will stop apps tracking you
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
I forgot to mention if you leave your location on that will drain your battery as well but there is a way you can set it up with Bixby when you open the app your location comes on when you close the app the location will go off that is how I've set mine up I have noticed the difference in battery life
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
https://youtu.be/C0hyK9B0yN0

I hope this might help in any sort of way
Solution
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
No no it went clear any data it just helps to make your phone perform more faster just to make sure you haven't left anything opening the background that's all right here where you coming from I've got some apps like bank app thinking they will clear the data but it didn't so you all good to go