Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 USB Type-C cable not physically connecting

(Topic created on: 20-09-2019 10:03 AM)
Scornpaul
First Poster
Options

Good afternoon!

I have a Galaxy Note 9 with a USB type-C charging port. In a nutshell, the cable has never gone all the way into the phone, meaning that it hangs out quite loose. For the last 6 months, I assumed it was the case that was stopping it but now I've ditched the case, there appears to be a 1mm gap between the phone and the connector's casing. It still charges but if I pick up the phone, the cable will disconnect. It's also very inconsistent with fast charging. Unfortunately, if it was just charging, I'd ignore it most of the time, but I also use the USB port for other things that is just impossible as it is. 

I have already cleaned out the port of pocket fluff but as I said, it's been this way since new.

Any tips or ideas as to what's stopping it would be a great help (I've tried multiple cables btw).

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It seems you've performed the usual self help troubleshooting tips.

Can you take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for them.to take a look @Scornpaul 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Scornpaul
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I guess I'll have to but I don't recall seeing one locally. I'll look it up! 👍

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Scornpaul you can use the following link to find your nearest Support Centre via your postcode: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

If there isn't one near you, reach out to Samsung on 0330 726 7864 for further options.
0 Likes