Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 fingerprints not working

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 11:17 PM)
volleygod
First Poster
Options

I recently cut my finger pretty good that the fingerprint sensor would not read. So i go to settings to add another finger and get an error message when tapping Fingerprints option that states "Fingerprint sensor not working. If this keeps happening, restart your phone."

I have tried restarting and also found some thread that stated to clear the cache. neither works for me.

Anybody found a fix for this yet?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
volleygod
First Poster
Options

I used the *#0*# and go to run the fingerprint test under sensor and get error messages. file not found. Did i delete somehow or did it get coruppted?

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Is your phone running a custom firmware ?
I don't want to scare you , but , nowadays you don't have to fear just thugs & robbers.... The worst are the hackers . Maybe you've picked up some malware which prevents you from using secure apps.
...just saying...
You could try and hard reset your phone. Hopefully, if it's not malware it goes away
0 Likes
samson99
Pathfinder
Options
how about using pattern as an alternative
0 Likes
volleygod
First Poster
Options

No for some reason I never hacked this phone. I did almost every other Android phone I have owned. 

0 Likes
volleygod
First Poster
Options

I could do that, but I have several apps that I for the life of me can't remember all the different passwords. Apps that use my fingerprint is really a time saver as well as a life saver.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
try wiping ur finger print sensor. Also you can delete ur old finger print and try a new one.
0 Likes
samson99
Pathfinder
Options
my apologies
0 Likes
shutpp
First Poster
Options

same issue cant remove or add new fingerprints

"fingerprint sensor not working"

if this keeps happening, restart your phone

how is this still and issue and not resolved till now?? its may 2021 and i got this issue for 2 weeks now

0 Likes