Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 - Do Not Distrub not working

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 12:15 PM)
Note_Nine_User
First Poster
Options

I've been pestered with nuisance calls for a while now, until I found out I could set my phone to DND and only allow calls from My Contacts.

I read up on it, and set it as per instructions, I even restarted the phone - but I am still getting calls coming through that are NOT in my contacts.

Anyone else having this problem or knows something about it?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Note_Nine_User, are you still having issues with this? In Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Toggled on. Then, tap Allow exceptions > Calls from > Contacts only. Is this all set up correctly? 

Is so, can you ensure that the phone's software is up to date? (Settings > Software update > Download and install.)

0 Likes
Note_Nine_User
First Poster
Options

Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes, Do not disturb is ON and allow exceptions is set to Contacts only. And my software is all up to date.

I even tried setting it to No excpetions but I still got calls coming through.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for that, in Allow exceptions, do you have Repeat callers toggled on? 

0 Likes
Note_Nine_User
First Poster
Options

No that is toggled off.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Okay, and is this happening on all calls or for certain numbers? 

0 Likes
Note_Nine_User
First Poster
Options

I don't know - all I can tell you is that I get calls coming through (not from contacts) almost every day, different numbers each time from spam callers.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Can you toggle Do not disturb mode off, then set it up again from scratch?

If you still have issues, can you attach a screenshot of the screen in  Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Allow exceptions? 

0 Likes
Note_Nine_User
First Poster
Options

Screen 1.jpgscreen 2.jpgScreen 3.jpg

I switched DnD off then restarted the phone. Then reset it as per pictures.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, @Note_Nine_User. I am assuming it's still not working after setting it up again. If so, can you try sending an error log through to the developers: Samsung Members App > Get help > Scroll down to Error Report? 

Our developers will be able to diagnose the issue and reply back to you via the Members app. 

0 Likes