Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 Back Cover Cracks

(Topic created on: 11-08-2021 02:25 PM)
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

I've had my Note 9 about a year and a half.  I have had to replace the back cover 3 times, now. 

It will show grazing, and then will crack.  This is always where the battery is located. 

I have a case and screen protector, always.  It is not impact related.

It is because if the heat generated. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

25 REPLIES 25
Solution
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

Tom, I think I figrured out what was causing the grazing/cracking of my back cover.

I think the battery was seated incorrectly.

I bought a new battery that actually turned out to be a bad battery.  But, after putting the old one back in, I am not seeing any grazing.

So, it wasn't a faulty battery, but that fact that the original battery just wasn't in there correctly, and that bottom part was too close to the cover.

CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
@Ronny Carol glad you managed to find the cause of that issue! To be honest, it had me really stumped, but that's one I'll tell my grandkids about 😉. Thanks for bringing it to the Members Community!! 😀
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

And  thanks, Tom, for your interest in my problem.

It's been an adventure learning how to do "surgery" on my phone.  

There is an extra feeling of success when you navigate an unknown, and, not only don't break anything, but fix it!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ronny Carol   As long as it is sorted, even if took a little time.   Would not have thought about that initially  either, thought @CrazyTom2k2  was on the right lines.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Ayodeji
First Poster
Options

I just had the same issue right now and I'm seriously bothered about how it happened because it never dropped of fell from my hand 

0 Likes
Solution
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

Aydoeji, my back cover kept grazing, then, cracking in the lower half.  It turned out the factory installed battery was not seated correctly.

I just had to undo the whole back, take the battery out.  Then, put it all back together.

To date, I have not had ANY grazing, nor cracking.

0 Likes