Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 9 Back Cover Cracks

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 12:03 PM)
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

I've had my Note 9 about a year and a half.  I have had to replace the back cover 3 times, now. 

It will show grazing, and then will crack.  This is always where the battery is located. 

I have a case and screen protector, always.  It is not impact related.

It is because if the heat generated. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

25 REPLIES 25
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you buy the phone brand new from samsung?
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I had a Note 9 from August 2018 till the end of 2020 and never had this issue even though my phone would get hot when doing intensive tasks like gaming.
0 Likes
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

New, but not from Samsung.  I am thinking my habit of using my phone while it's charging might be the issue. 

I guess I will just resign to changing out the back cover.  I'm getting quite good at it. 

0 Likes
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

Did you have your phone charging at the same time?  I do, and I think that may be the issue. 

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
yeah I wouldn't advise that on any phone... especially with smart phones these days... its overwhelming the battery. I've set mine so that it reboots once a week for a refresh.
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Ronny Carol!

If the phone's grazing where the battery is, could I suggest that you maybe replace the battery on your handset?

Sounds like your battery may be expanding which is pushing/breaking the glass off of your handset.

Batterys can be obtained pretty easily, or you can book your phone in for a Samsung doorstep repair for around £59.

Hope this helps,
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
nope I have never used any of my phones while they are charging
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
The person you bought it from may have changed the battery to a non samsung battery which may be unsuitable for the phone which could be the reason it is getting hot and cracking.
0 Likes
Ronny Carol
Explorer
Options

Hi, Tom.  Thanks for your input. 

The grazing happens right under the Galaxy Note 9 logo.  The cracks radiate from the grazing, downward into a Y to the left corner. 

There no bulging, though. 

What do you think that might be?