Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 11:01 AM)
yoyo30
Apprentice
Options
I bought my phone yesterday and after entering a card, my phone still says not registered on network

6 REPLIES 6
yoyo30
Apprentice
Options
I might just send it back
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @yoyo30  There could be an issue with your Sim card or your Network.   However firstly restart your Device to see if that solves the issue.  Ensure you have the latest  software update  and turn off Wireless connections temporarily by switching on Airplane Mode for a short period and then switch it off again.  You could also try resetting the Network-General Management-Reset- Reset Network Settings.

If there is still a problem you may need to remove and  and reinsert your Sim card. otherwise contact your Network provider, you may  need the APN settings.

Some more Troubleshooting in this article  https://www.androiddata-recovery.com/blog/fix-not-registered-on-network 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Or you could try to reset all network settings
0 Likes
Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Toggle On and Off the Airplane Mode.
Restart Your Android Phone.
Take the SIM Card Out and Put It Back In.
Update Your Android Phone's Software.
Manually Select Your Carrier.
Change the Preferred Network Type.
Reset the Network Settings.
Use a Different SIM Card.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
nicci71
First Poster
Options
My phone is showing not registered on network when making calls. I have restarted phone, turned WiFi off and on, taken out sim and all ok
0 Likes
Mr Tiger
First Poster
Options

Experiencing the "Not registered on network" issue can be frustrating, especially after a recent update. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and fix the problem:

Basic checks:

• Restart your phone: A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches that might be causing the problem.
  • Toggle Airplane mode: Turn on Airplane mode for a few seconds, then disable it. This can sometimes refresh the network connection.

Network settings:

• Select your network: Manually select your network operator in the settings menu. Your phone might not be automatically connecting after the update.
  • Reset network settings: This will erase your Wi-Fi passwords, Bluetooth connections, and other network settings, but it can also fix network connectivity issues. Note: The specific steps will vary depending on your phone model. Look for it in Settings under "System" or "General Management."

SIM card:

• Reseat SIM card: Turn off your phone, remove and reinsert the SIM card securely. This can address loose connection issues.
  • Check for damage: If the SIM card looks damaged or dirty, you might need a replacement from your carrier.

Advanced troubleshooting:

• Update software: Make sure you have the latest software update installed, as it might include a fix for the network issue.
  • Update APN settings (if needed): In rare cases, your phone's Access Point Name (APN) settings might be incorrect after an update. Contact your carrier for the correct APN settings for your network.

If all else fails:

• Contact your carrier: They can diagnose the problem and determine if it's a network issue on their end or a problem with your SIM card.

Remember: Avoid entering service mode unless you're comfortable with it, as making incorrect changes there can cause further problems. Search online for specific instructions only if you decide to go that route.

You can find a full explanation attached with images on this link: https://www.techyfolder.com/2024/04/phone-not-registered-on-network.html

I hope this helps!

0 Likes