Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No lock screen wake up from notifications

(Topic created on: 01-09-2019 10:06 AM)
Felix10120
Journeyman
Options

My new note 9 is not waking up the screen when a new message comes in (I am not using always on display). My supposed-to-be retired Android One phone (Android pie) had no problem showing messages briefly, then turning screen off again. As it should be. I tried many settings without success. Screen stays off. The only thing working was 3rd party app 'glimpse' but granting these kind of permissions is unacceptable to me. Am I too stupid for this or is Samsung software too dumb? It is hard to believe that Samsung phones are unable to do this! What do you think? And ideas?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Felix10120: If you go to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > On > View Style, set this to 'Detailed' or 'Brief'. Also, make sure that 'Hide Content' is disabled, and this should wake your screen up with any new notifications.
0 Likes
Felix10120
Journeyman
Options

Thanks a bunch for the quick help, Andrew! Unfortunately that I already tried at first. It seemed intuitive and it should have worked imo. But it didn't... Settings are already as described by you. If I remember correctly the only kind of message that got through to the lock screen like this was an SMS message. Since I don't have two phones I don't know how to properly test this. By now I've read quite a few threads like this, which doesn't make me feel too confident...

0 Likes
Akels
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
potatomash
First Poster
Options

could you try unchecking the option "hide content" in lock screen notification setting place , that worked for 

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Open your phone's Settings app. Notifications. Under "Lock screen," tap Notifications on the lock screen or On the lock screen. Choose Show alerting and silent notifications

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Akels
Journeyman
Options

No that doesn't work try it yourself.

0 Likes