Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Android 10 Update on my Note 9 SM-960F

(Topic created on: 25-04-2020 01:06 PM)
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Hey all,

I bought my galaxy note 9 (international) back in October 2018. Got android 9 update as soon as I set up the device. I was in France and had been receiving regular software updates. Then, I moved to Turkey in June 2019, received 2 or may be 3 updates there. I received the last software update in October 2019. I left Turkey in February 2020 and now I am in Belgium. I haven't received any software update after October 2019. Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Manually checking for updates in the setting>software update
  2. Samsung smart switch which always says your software is up to date SI5(LUX)
  3. Contacted Samsung support from the app, they told me my phone is Singapore origin. I talked with Samsung support Singapore and they said that Samsung has released the update in Singapore long ago. Since I am out of Singapore and using other sim carrier so I will receive the update eventually (not really sure when).
  4. Using VPN proxy and setting it to many other countries just to check if that works.
  5. Factory data reset (I read somewhere it also works sometimes)
  6. Using my Turkish and Pakistani simcard (on international roaming) to see if that works.

I have tried all above things after clearing cache partition and clearing the data of Samsung store. 

Is there anyone who can help me with this? or who has been facing the same problem?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

wow... I have no idea about what to suggest since you tried everything, the only things that come up to my mind are manimission procedures which i do not advise in any way...

sorry

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Should I go for flashing the software by Odin?

I don't really know Odin exactly does. I mean, it roots the device, if there is a chance of bricking the device or if the device goes to bootloading. I don't know if Odin is safe though many people on other platforms have been suggesting it and saying that it perfect. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

We should not be talking about this on an official forum and if samsung discovers that you flashed the software they will stop your warranty and will not cover amy damage even if not related to the software flash. Write me in private for further info.

I am not recommending to anyone to perform a flash with unofficial software tools, this procedure will void your warranty and you could possibly break your device.

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

You are right. I didn't know that its something illegal. I am definately not gonna go for this option.

0 Likes
DiavelDes
First Poster
Options

No solution then.

I have just bought myself a 512GB Note 9 as my original 128GB has a cracked front glass.

The last update the device received is the July 19 update. Both a check on the phone and with the Smart Switch software on the PC say the phone is up to date but obviously not.

So what is the next move for both me and OP?

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

you can try to take the device to the nearest customer care centre. They might be able to help.

In my case it was different  because I bought my device from UK and its originally coming from Singapore. Samsung doesn't accept the warenty of another region so the customer care centre in Turkey refused to accept the warrenty and here in Belgium I haven't been able to go to a service centre until now because of corona situation.

But in your case I hope they can help!

0 Likes
DiavelDes
First Poster
Options

I'll see if anywhere is open. Not confident but fingers crossed. 

0 Likes