Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

NEW UPDATE SUCKS - RANDOMLY MAKES CALLS

(Topic created on: 21-03-2019 04:34 PM)
Charliesmydog
Journeyman
Options

I HATE this update. Besides ugly, childish and unprofessional, it is impossible to navigate AND it randomly calls the last person I texted. And its not just me.. My son has the galaxy 9 and same thing. I would hear him in the other room saying "dang it " cuz of the random dials  then I mistakenly update and.. Tada. I'm randomly calling people as well  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

ASAP

I hate that I paid nearly $1,000 for  for a piece of ***** that doesn't work. Looks like it's time for a class action

26 REPLIES 26
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Charliesmydog 

 

I'm using a Note 9 with the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update and it's never made a random call.

 

Just as a process of elimination can you put your phone into Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see if the random calls still occur.

 

If they don't then you probably have a downloaded app that's causing this. You'd need to work your way through them by deleting one at a time. 

 

If it continues then seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

 

 


Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@Charliesmydog wrote:

I HATE this update. Besides ugly, childish and unprofessional, it is impossible to navigate AND it randomly calls the last person I texted. And its not just me.. My son has the galaxy 9 and same thing. I would hear him in the other room saying "dang it " cuz of the random dials  then I mistakenly update and.. Tada. I'm randomly calling people as well  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

ASAP

I hate that I paid nearly $1,000 for  for a piece of ***** that doesn't work. Looks like it's time for a class action


Settings>Advanced  Features>Motions and Gestures>Direct Call.  

Turn that OFF.  To quote from the settings screen.  Make a call by bringing your phone close to your ear. 

When you have your text message up and open, and you put the phone in your pocket, you will initiate a call.  Simply turn that feature OFF.  

Try it.  Test it.  

ppick
First Poster
Options

My parents have the note 9 and me and my brother have the s9. All of us have horrible battery issues as well as randomly calling the last person. If 4 people out of millions are having the same issues, I would find it to be extremely common.

BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@ppick wrote:

My parents have the note 9 and me and my brother have the s9. All of us have horrible battery issues as well as randomly calling the last person. If 4 people out of millions are having the same issues, I would find it to be extremely common.


Ok, since you didn't specify in the post, are you calling the last person that you texted??  Because if you are, you didn't read my post directly above this one.  Samsung has a feature that you can turn on/off.  (It's on by default)  Where if you are texting someone and you need to talk to them, you simply hold the phone to your ear and it dials automatically.  The sensor senses your head and dials.  It also detects  your pocket if you put it in there.  It detects your table if you set it face down on the table.  On mine, if I was in my easy chair and I dropped it on my chest, it would dial. If you are texting someone and set the phone down on the arm of the chair, it will dial that person.  

 

To fix, go to Settings>Advanced  Features>Motions and Gestures>Direct Call and turn that off.  

 

Also go to Settings>Display>Accidental touch Protection and turn that off to prevent accidently activating any buttons while it's in your pocket.  

Battery issue is also common.  After an update, it might take a few days to settle down.  If it doesn't, backup your data, do a factory reset and restore your phone data.  Ever since my Note 3 I had years ago, after an update, I've usually had to do a factory reset to get everything perfect.  

0 Likes
Charliesmydog
Journeyman
Options

Well, I'm glad for you @bandofbrother. 

However, both my Note9 and my sons galaxy S9 do the same thing after this update.  I went into tmobile store and low and behold.. There was a woman ahead of me having the same issue.. We were both told . "Well  we can give you a new Sim card" .... But nobody could tell us how that would help.. It's a defect in the software update that Samsung is trying to ignore.  

Charliesmydog
Journeyman
Options
Thanks.. I had never used that feature, but checked to ensure it was off.. Appreciate your suggestion
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@Charliesmydog wrote:
Thanks.. I had never used that feature, but checked to ensure it was off.. Appreciate your suggestion

LOL.. I never used it either.  But when I got my New phone, it was turned on.  Just Checking...  

0 Likes
Justitia
First Poster
Options

I agree! Absolutely ugly, unprofessional and sooo many standard features are either gone or do not work. Can't minimize windows.  Block unknown callers does not work.  I am totally p****d as I bought the fully loaded version of this phone.

 

Who was the ***** who approved this update?

Morganelewis
Apprentice
Options

MINE DOES THIS TOO!! I thought my proximity sensor was going out (which is crazy because of how new my phone is). Glad to know I'm not the only one.