Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to add recent call to contacts?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 09:12 PM)
seryosongoso
Journeyman
Options

Simple task really. How do I add a phone number from a recent call directly to a contact? When I select it, the only option is delete. I'm  using a Note 9 with One UI.

25 REPLIES 25
Slayton McDonough
First Poster
Options

This type of thing is exactly the reason why nobody should ever use an Android. In this situation, seryosongoso is absolutely correct - the common sense assumption is that a long press is needed, because a tap will just send a call. In typical moronic Android fashion, they just couldn't resist the urge to be *cute* and *clever* and design it in a nonsensical way. Also could have gone with a left slide, didn't do it. Could have gone with a right slide, didn't do it. My advice is to take your phone out in the street and run it over with your car about thirty or forty times, and then go and buy an iPhone. That's what I did years ago, but my employer unfortunately provided me with an Android so I'm stuck with it.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's a shame that's how you feel about Android @Slayton McDonough  but it's nice to see you've recently signed up to be a new member of this Samsung Community Forum to take some of your own time to be able to help fellow android owners.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nota_Geek
Apprentice
Options

I have  an A71, software  fully up-to-date ,  and I have just had the exact same problem as the previous 4 members who posted.  

Yesterday it took 5 or 6 attempts to tap and get the "add to contacts " prompt.  Today I could not get it,  exited the app, opened it again and it worked first time.

Linkus
First Poster
Options

This was driving me crazy.   You must start with one short tap.   Otherwise it switches to "select items" and it will not let you do this from there.   If it is not working, start over, and one short tap.

Rudhamstile
First Poster
Options

Tap gently!  Thought I had the same problem, then realised it just needed a lighter touch!

Nicolas81
Student
Options

Phone app is for garbage. In contact app you can sort your contacts SURNAME -> NAME but still the RECENT CALLS will show as NAME -> SURNAME. Its crazy truly i want to throw the note 20 ultra from the window. When you have many contacts you cant find anybody. 

This happens cause their development team is some uneducated children. When you make a call from your CONTACTS which is sorted SURNAME - > Name it makes a record in the call log. but the call log belongs to the PHONE APP which does not inherit the sorting methods of your contact app..instead it makes a plain entry name surname and thats it. Its so retarded and disappointing to see a whole developing team unable to program a class "sorting" which you can call in ANY app you EVER make that has a list that you wanna sort. It is crazy bad developing. Moreover because the Phone app might be developed in INDIA and the CONTACTS APP in Pakistan the two teams have close to zero understanding and coordination..same story goes on in many core samsung apps hence the very very bad quality , crashes , million of services that the phone is running with million of permissions, the NON standardization of the UIs that 3rd party programs use..e.g. another way the Messenger will create the "message notification" when you have incoming message, another way Whatsapp, another way Viber..one with pop up one with disappearing flashy fancy pop up etc.. there are out there amazing developers analysts etc that can help make this product extremely good but...

You want more? try to ADD a number to AN EXISTING CONTANT through Viber or Whatsapp...see what i mean?

Jan Egil Kristiansen
First Poster
Options

Yes, that's the solution, if you do it right the first time. 

But - if you first select the number, the only option is delete. Unselecting does not help, I had to close and re-open the phone app, for the tap to work.

DiKahn
First Poster
Options

This has been driving me potty. On my phone, don't tap the number but tap the time of the call in the recent calls list. Seems usually to work

0 Likes
David 1234
First Poster
Options

TY. Exiting phone app and restarting it worked for me.

0 Likes
Scudders
Journeyman
Options

This and many other reasons i will bot be getting another samsung phone. The fact that i had to google this just shows how rubbish the user interface is.