Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google play issues again.... SM-N960DF/DS

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 03:05 PM)
SWsailor
Apprentice
Options

I am getting seriously hacked off with Samsung updates now. Andriod Pie stopped updates happening.... Cleared caches, reset all, safe start, reboots and everything on every forum.... yep it works for a little while then stops.

Now Android 10.... no problem with updates then as soon as I installed feb security patch.... it's all stuck again..... ***** Samsung sort it out!!!! as I am losing business because of not getting notifications and the wifi calling is *****.... this is probably going to be my last Samsung.... anybody had similar?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SWsailor
Apprentice
Options

The result was that the phone went back to Samsung under warranty 3 times, new motherboard, still the same then new battery...... boom all sorted. It took its time but my local Samsung guys were great. My Note 9 now works perfectly but is now out of Warranty. Thinking back from new this phone was not as good as my note 8 so maybe there was a fault all along.

Happy it is sorted now.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SWsailor 

Wifi calling is a network driven feature so because of the particular mobile tariff I'm on my sim card wont enable this so I can't use it so cannot comment on that.

I'm on Android 10 Samsung One Ui 2.0 patch February and not experiencing the same problems you are.

Are you able to get to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre so they can take a look ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SWsailor
Apprentice
Options

Hi @BandofBrothers... wifi calling is one of the things I get with my provider in the UK my note 8 was perfect with it but the 9 has been like it since new.... if it gets a slight cellular signal it constantly switches between the 2, I need it as where I live is very poor on reception.

The play store issue started when we got the pie update, i did a safe mode yesterday and managed to update 40 apps.... 30 minutes later nothing i now have 9 apps that are stuck 'downloadpending'... it seems to be random when it does these things. Sadly we only have a couple of samsung retail stores in the UK and none near me. I have tried contacting support but they are as much us as a chocolate tea pot.... the phone is only 12 months old i think i may have had a dud since new but not realised as my friend has a 9 also and no issues.... frustrated of Devon

0 Likes
Solution
SWsailor
Apprentice
Options

The result was that the phone went back to Samsung under warranty 3 times, new motherboard, still the same then new battery...... boom all sorted. It took its time but my local Samsung guys were great. My Note 9 now works perfectly but is now out of Warranty. Thinking back from new this phone was not as good as my note 8 so maybe there was a fault all along.

Happy it is sorted now.