Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy note 9 SM-N960F - Battery drains too fast after the September 2020 software update

(Topic created on: 27/09/20 09:52)
iammoazzam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Hey all,

I have been using my note 9 since 2018 and after each software update the battery sometimes became excellent or sometimes just not so good. Although my note 9 is old but I have been very careful with it. 

After September 2020 update, the battery has started to drain too fast. Whether I use the phone or its on standby, the battery keeps draining at the same rate. It drains 30-40% overnight (which is very unusual). I have even tried to uninstall many apps but still the issue is same.  Just to be sure, before sleeping I cleared all the background apps so that nothing runs in background to suck battery. The phone battery is always on "optimized" mode with "adaptive power saving" always turned on. 

Before I could easily spend an entire day with single charge, but now I have been charging twice a day. Does anybody know any solution? or is there any way that I can revert to the older software version?

Following is the current software version of my phone, and the overnight background battery usage activity by different apps (no app is taking a serious amount of battery): 

Software versionSoftware versionOvernight battery usageOvernight battery usage

Thank you!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Meh90
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
let's me honest hear, lots of people have experience the same.
I love Samsung but they apple and Microsoft, who ever for PCs laptops or smartphones make device's slower over time cause battery issues so you buy a new phone 😀
0 Likes
Meh90
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
what is the difference between ui 2.1 or 2.5,
Nothing right. looks the same, feels the same
expect it uses more ram cpu and battery.
0 Likes
iammoazzam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

You are right

I can agree with that. I recently updated the windows on my very old Dell. Before it was lightning fast and now it boots up in like 3 to 5 minutes 😑

This is not fair, I hope this problem is by mistake and by next update samsung fixes it

Or buying OnePlus phones is the only option left 

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I don't really know the difference.

I am still on OneUI 2.1

0 Likes
Trottsky
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Visually there's no difference between 2.1 and 2.5 all Samsung have done is added a few Note 20 features to older phones
0 Likes
iammoazzam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Yeah may be. But my problem is not related to OneUI 2.5. At least, as of now :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
dxbydy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I too have noticed increased battery drain since the last update. Tried clearing cache and that did not work. I am using over 1% an hour overnight which is double what it would normally use. Battery throughout the day also seems to going twice as fast.

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

You are still lucky with that. For me its going like 1% per 10 minutes. Whether I use the phone or it is on standby, the battery drainage rate is same. 

I put the phone on 100% charge at night at 10pm, cleared all the background apps. In the morning at 6am I wake up with 65-70% battery 😕

I don't know what to do. I have tried to optimize all the settings but nothing helps.

0 Likes