Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 9 SM-N960F - Battery drains too fast after the September 2020 software update

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 08:19 AM)
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Hey all,

I have been using my note 9 since 2018 and after each software update the battery sometimes became excellent or sometimes just not so good. Although my note 9 is old but I have been very careful with it. 

After September 2020 update, the battery has started to drain too fast. Whether I use the phone or its on standby, the battery keeps draining at the same rate. It drains 30-40% overnight (which is very unusual). I have even tried to uninstall many apps but still the issue is same.  Just to be sure, before sleeping I cleared all the background apps so that nothing runs in background to suck battery. The phone battery is always on "optimized" mode with "adaptive power saving" always turned on. 

Before I could easily spend an entire day with single charge, but now I have been charging twice a day. Does anybody know any solution? or is there any way that I can revert to the older software version?

Following is the current software version of my phone, and the overnight background battery usage activity by different apps (no app is taking a serious amount of battery): 

Software versionSoftware versionOvernight battery usageOvernight battery usage

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
let's me honest hear, lots of people have experience the same.
I love Samsung but they apple and Microsoft, who ever for PCs laptops or smartphones make device's slower over time cause battery issues so you buy a new phone 😀
0 Likes
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
what is the difference between ui 2.1 or 2.5,
Nothing right. looks the same, feels the same
expect it uses more ram cpu and battery.
0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

You are right

I can agree with that. I recently updated the windows on my very old Dell. Before it was lightning fast and now it boots up in like 3 to 5 minutes 😑

This is not fair, I hope this problem is by mistake and by next update samsung fixes it

Or buying OnePlus phones is the only option left 

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

I don't really know the difference.

I am still on OneUI 2.1

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Visually there's no difference between 2.1 and 2.5 all Samsung have done is added a few Note 20 features to older phones
0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Yeah may be. But my problem is not related to OneUI 2.5. At least, as of now :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
dxbydy
Student
Options

I too have noticed increased battery drain since the last update. Tried clearing cache and that did not work. I am using over 1% an hour overnight which is double what it would normally use. Battery throughout the day also seems to going twice as fast.

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

You are still lucky with that. For me its going like 1% per 10 minutes. Whether I use the phone or it is on standby, the battery drainage rate is same. 

I put the phone on 100% charge at night at 10pm, cleared all the background apps. In the morning at 6am I wake up with 65-70% battery 😕

I don't know what to do. I have tried to optimize all the settings but nothing helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Samsung galaxy Note9 SM-N960F/2018 New Updated link 2020

0 Likes