Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 9 - screen randomly turns on/wakes up

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 08:25 PM)
NobbyNoteNine
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

As per the subject, my phone display is waking up by itself, since yesterday morning. 

I've followed a number of online step by step guides on Samsung website, going all the way to turning on Developer Options/Debugging, etc... this afternoon, it did seem to have worked for a good few hours, but then went back to turning on again.  Overnight it drained the battery by around 40 percent which is crazy.

I haven't performed factory reset yet, as I need to do a back up first. Am a bit hesitant to do this as i've read some people saying it didn't work.

Bottom line - has anyone got any ideas, please?

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Install "nice catch" from the galaxy Webstore (part of the "good guardian " app and check a day later which apps did wake up your phone, and then see what you can do about it , good luck
0 Likes
NobbyNoteNine
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.

It's the "Silent Notifications USB connector connected/disconnected".

The message notification appears when I drag screen down from the top of the screen.

It  only goes away when I plug charger in. I am leaning towards charging port fault.

Fluid ingress indicator is ok so not water damage (never near any liquid anyway!).

Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Not sure what the problem is, what is connected to your USB port in the evening? Could be a dodgy USB cable, or some firmware or hardware problem .

0 Likes
NobbyNoteNine
Journeyman
Options

I've sort-of dealt with the issue now. I somehow got rid of the "usb disconnected/connected" pop-up message but then it started coming up with an error re; "Moisture detected in charging port". Not a chance of that being true.  My fix was to use a wireless charger. So far so good. I still have the moisture notification but it just sits at top of screen and doesn't "scream" at me.

"moisture detected..." - on a phone that has open charging/earphone ports??? So much for being IP68, "able to be submerged in fresh water up to 3ft for up to 1 hour (can't remember the exact figures). JOKE.

I've scoured these forums - it is a very common, worldwide issue. One post even said, a Samsung tech said that Samsung know about the issue but won't do anything. 

I'm finished with Samsung products after this. POOR.

Cheers

0 Likes