Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 9 Scree with clearer rectangle

(Topic created on: 23-08-2019 03:28 PM)
Camilachaves
First Poster
Options

I  recently noticed my Galaxy Note 9 shows like a rectangle clearer in the middle of the screen when the brightness is slow. Could this be a configuration, a default behavior or actually an phisical issue? ThanksIMG-20190818-WA0088.jpg

IMG-20190818-WA0089.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not seen anything like that @Camilachaves 

It could be screen burn I suppose.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look for you. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sokzzkota
Explorer
Options

there are some quite big threads about that issue on XDA. I have the same problem.  It is not a burn in -  it's a faulty hardware. Some have cheese graters, others a solid recentagle on theirs screens. 

Weirdly enough in my case this occured a one day after i've pealed off the screen protector, that i've been using.

Some say it's a glue, others that this is a cooling elemnts sticking to your panel, or even faulty battery. For some folks problem went away by it's own with time. 

I will be contacting Brand Store in the near future. It was a 1k usd phone...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/screen-burn-check-thread-t3851263

Kevin21TheGreat
Student
Options

Sir u are not alone I have the same problem with my Samsung note 9 I don't think it's a Burn in it's also more noticeable on YouTube on Dark mode

0 Likes
Kevin21TheGreat
Student
Options
That's what I did I pealed my screen protector off as well and Later noticed it
0 Likes
Matt101
First Poster
Options

Mine is to do with the battery

When I turned my phone off and wirelessly charged my note 9 it would not bring the charging logo but a red flash of a cheese grater on my phone. Well theres the colprit on mine. A faulty wirless charger and battery. The production date is 2018 or September. 512gb

0 Likes
Semfrosto
Student
Options

I have the same white rectangle issue. My freiend too. We all have this glitch after android 10 . Revert to android 9 help to my friend. But I`m on latest update and can`t return to android 10 since I`m on latest security patch

0 Likes
Chibli
First Poster
Options

I had same light rectangle in the middle of my phone few ours after taking of my screen protection. Any solution?

0 Likes
Matt101
First Poster
Options

Only thing you can do is replace the screen or phone. I have been trying to find out what it was caused from. It is caused from the heat but I have one that was caused from wirless charging my phone and had a surge and created that .

0 Likes
Abdullah
Apprentice
Options

I have the same rectangle in my note9 screen.

Unfortunately my phone has just passed the warranty period a month a go  so after contacting Samsung it would not be covered.

I think that this is a manufacturing defect since that a lot of people have it, and they should replace it for free.

It is not our fault to buy a defected device!!

0 Likes