Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 9 repair delay

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 07:05 AM)
Ddmmm7777
First Poster
Options

Worst customer service I have ever received. I was guaranteed my phone back on a Sunday if I brought it on the Friday morning for a basic screen replacement. After being told by Samsung's website it would only take 1 day and then being guaranteed by 2 different people at the store if would be 2 days tops. I got a notification on the Saturday morning saying repair is complete and now with the driver going back to the store. Its been over 2 days since and I haven't heard a thing. I called tech support and they told me the store isn't contactable so they sent emails and I should expect a call with an update and no surprise I hear nothing. I would not have put it in if I knew there was a chance I wouldn't get it by the start of the week as I need it to work so now I'm just not  the only down the $340 repair cost, it's more. I can usually appreciate delays however the communication has been shocking and being promised something without any accountability has really stuffed me up. This is my 8th Samsung phone and don't want it to be my last but I don't want to be taking these risks. Don't make plans and commitments around what you are promised. Samsung will only mess you up. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I had a display replaced by a Uk Samsung Service Centre they did advise me the repair timescales can be controlled by available parts, engineer availability and the time allowed to carry out the repair i.e how many repairs were booked in before mine @Ddmmm7777 

Perhaps the people you've spoken to should have been a little more clear on timescales.

Maybe you could check with family, friends or work colleagues of they have a spare back up phone you could use in the interim.

Someone always seems to have one sat in a drawer.

I hope your phone is repaired asap.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ddmmm7777
First Poster
Options

Thanks, I definitely get that. Just weird that it "is on its way with the driver back to the store" for 4 days...

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can only speak.for the uk but here most repairs are carried out in house inside Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres.

I would suspect if a phone has to be sent.off then there would be a scheduled delivery dates to ship items back.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes