Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Finder search note 9 pie +oneUi

(Topic created on: 01/02/19 21:09)
One97nine
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I have just updated to android pie and the one ui on my note 9, i am disappointed to find that i can no longer search and locate installed apps like i could before, i really hope im just being stupid and its a setting i have missed. Any help would be appreciated

53 REPLIES 53
Eldrid
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Not sure what you mean mate. I still can. Open the app drawer by swiping up and its there right on the top. See screenshot. If you don't see it I suggest resetting the phone and trying.Screenshot_20190201-200732_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

0 Likes
One97nine
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Yes i see that, but when i search in that box, ot doesn't display installed apps it searches everything else apart from apps the closest i can get is app info
Solution
Eldrid
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I just checked and it shows apps on mine. Maybe try resetting your phone.Screenshot_20190201-205855_Finder.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
One97nine
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Thanks for your help, mine doesn't search in real time either, its waiting until I press enter before performing the search. Very odd.. thanks for your help.

0 Likes
kamoko
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I updated my note 8 to Pie yesterday, and I found same problem that finder can't search my installed apps, did you find the solution?

One97nine
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Yes I did find the solution, I had to factory reset the whole, device, it was inconvenient but it worked, good luck and don't forget to backup

kamoko
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Thanks for your help, factory reset is a big work, bro.
0 Likes
pkastner
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
I have the same problem after the update.
0 Likes
Ricky141
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I am also facing the same issue after installing the Pie Update . Is there any alternative to factory reset solution. 

It's quite cumbersome to install all the apps back again after factory reset. 

Kindly suggest.

0 Likes