Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom binary blocked by frp lock - Samsung Note 9

(Topic created on: 07-12-2019 02:44 PM)
Anthony_
First Poster
Options

This morning I woke to find my 18 month old Note 9 giving error in red 'Custom binary blocked by frp lock note 9'.  

I have only done the updates automatically loaded to the phone and suspect that an update failed overnight.

I tried to switch off by holding down the power button to switch off, but all I get is the black screen with red font message as above.  I tried holding power, bixby and volume up bottons, but just get same message.

Hope someone can help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Anthony_: Did you purchase your Note 9 second hand? If so then the FRP lock will have been put in place by the previous owner, and requires their Google account details in order to bypass it. If you have valid proof of purchase then you can enquire about getting this removed at a Samsung Support Centre - please follow the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code to find your nearest one.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

0 Likes
and9978
First Poster
Options

the same thing happened to me yesterday. left the phone on charge sunday night, woke up with this error. 

i had not installed anything, have only had standard software on it.

i have a Samsung S9+ in Norway. (I think the model might be Swedish, as it keeps bugging me with Samsung Pay Sweden).

I've since tried accessing ODIN, loading new (official) firmware, but still keep getting the same error. I'm not sure which exact firmware I'm supposed to load though.

I'm still struggling. Could Samsung have made some change over this weekend in Europe, pushed out some software that caused these things to crash?

0 Likes
and9978
First Poster
Options

Forgot to say my phone didn't have much spare storage. I see OP suspected an update might have been pushed out and failed overnight. I can't rule out that this happened to me as well, if storage was close to full. I had received an alert a few days prior about a new software update, but had postponed its installment.

0 Likes