Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Charge port "Moisture Detected" cannot charge. I didn't get it wet.

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 09:09 PM)
cvantuss
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I did not get my phone wet!  There is no moisture in there.  I can charge wirelessly.  I have tried

• clean and inspect port
  • ensure charge cord is functioning
  • waited over a week for the mystery moisture to clear
  • Clear system cache
  • Factory reset

This is garbage.  I should not be having this problem on a $1000 phone.

Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
Edwin v
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Its ok i actually ended up fixing mine with and elerical cleaner from the auto section in walmart sprayed it let dry now issue gone

0 Likes
LMG1953
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Hi, Today My Samsung Galaxy S52 detected moisture. I checked to make sure there was nothing in the charger port. I used a fan than a hairdryer ONLY on cool and still having the same problem. I really do not want to let the phone die as I need it for work. I really want to make sure before i use bleach to clean it out. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
rich951
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I was helped by advise in another thread. Let the phone discharge to zero percent so it turns off automatically. Leave it alone for 24 hours and the notification should be gone.

HOWEVER it is just dealing with a symptom and not the cause. Probably there are some short-circuited contacts in the USB port or its circuit board as the Galaxy phones aren't as water-resistant as they are presented.

Let me know how it turned out.

Cheers

Rich

0 Likes
Morph
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
DON'T BUY SAMSUNG!!!
MOISTURE DETECTION PROBLEM IS INHERENT ON ALL THEIR PHONES AND THEY ARE NOT DOING A DARN THING ABOUT IT. MY PORT IS NEW, CLEAN AND FREE FROM MOISTURE. TRIED EVERYTHING SUGGESTED ON THE NET AND NOTHING WORKS.
HAVE TO SWITCH OFF AND PLUG THE CHARGER IN AND OUT UNTIL IT ALLOWS CHARGE, THEN I CAN SWITCH THE PHONE ON.
DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT THE USB CHARGER, IT'S HIT AND MISS TO REPORT MOISTURE DETECTED. AND THE PROCESS REPEATS ONCE THE TEAR DROP IS PERMANENTLY DISPLAYED.
RUBBISH PRODUCT!!!
0 Likes
StevieBear
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Calm down! It's only a sensor issue designed to protect your priceless companion! You should put a rubber plug in the port and stick to wireless charging, all phones suffer foreign grime entering the charge port its unavoidable unless you convert to wireless charging. My beloved Note20Ultra did it for the first time last night, a soft CLEAN toothbrush for gentle but thorough cleaning seemed to do the trick... I've ordered a wireless charger and the USB port will be plugged with rubber plugs I bought a while back. Think of it this way, the annoying safety measure may have given you extra years with your phone. I think my issue was update related too, had an update from a day or two ago, phone's performing excellent now as it was jittery all day yesterday.
0 Likes
gentv
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Not every samsung has wireless charging, so that's useless advice for people with those models like A52s.
I've had samsung for years and it's only these newer models that have this fault. It's nothing to do with moisture at all but a fault on these phones. They should give the easy option of overriding at customers risk.
0 Likes