Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Charge port "Moisture Detected" cannot charge. I didn't get it wet.

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 01:46 PM)
cvantuss
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I did not get my phone wet!  There is no moisture in there.  I can charge wirelessly.  I have tried

• clean and inspect port
  • ensure charge cord is functioning
  • waited over a week for the mystery moisture to clear
  • Clear system cache
  • Factory reset

This is garbage.  I should not be having this problem on a $1000 phone.

12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Usually this type of issue resolves after 30 minutes or so.

Moisture warning is not always connected to getting the phone in physical contact with water but can be also due to temperature changes.

It could be some type of glitch with the internal sensors.

If this was my phone I'd visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for the people there to run a diagnostic test on the phone @cvantuss 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

0 Likes
No1auntie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
I had the Same issue it happened 4 times in the 3 months I had it Samsung said the port needed replacing
0 Likes
Amc1961
Student
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Exactly!

I'm not positive about the cause but I think when the phone senses a spike of charging current it causes this fault. I can have my phone happily charging away in my car and then I shut off the car and park. Start ut back up and get the stupid moisture in charging port error. What's different from 5 minutes ago? Nothing was disconnected this only leaves a voltage spike from the car as a possible cause.

Also what's up with fast charge and slow charge from the same charger? When the phone is on who knows what you'll get, shut it off and dumb it down it charges fast with no stupid errors.

Sucks to have to shut it down but dumbing down works. Lol
0 Likes
Solution
cvantuss
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I found something that helped on another forum.  The suggestion was to let the phone die completely.  So I let it die and left it dead for a day, in which time I cleaned the port out really good one last time, this time using a small amount of clorox bleach cleaner and a toothbrush.  I then rinsed the port out and let it dry.  Viola, now it charges without the error.  I'll never know if letting the phone go completely dead cleared something out of some cache somewhere, or if my ill-advised final cleaning with bleach finally cleared out that last bit of lint or sunscreen or whatever may have been tripping the sensor.  The good news is I don't have to send my phone off for two weeks to get repaired and it is now charging again normally.

ttwa666
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Just had this problem on my S8+. Cut a small piece of kitchen towel and peel the layers apart then gently insert it into the charger port until you think it's in all the way and using a toothpick or similar (please not anything metallic) gently push it a bit more and if like me had the moisture symbol on the phone at the time will see it magically vanish as if you were a famous yellow hand puppet saying abracadabra and tapping it with your big wand. Wether it'll stay away is a completely different subject and one I will rapidly answer with a lump hammer if it does come back. Think I'll resort back to a fire and blanket for texting people 😁

0 Likes
brookemom2020
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
  1. Will this work for samsung galaxy j3 orbitz dont know what happened it quit charging got new battery and charger still same thing show yellow triangle won't charge before went completely dead i went under device maintenance it said something about drying you charging port not tk worry couldn't hurt it.if possible can you help me with instructions step by step im sorry little slow
0 Likes
Masian
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Moisture detected s10 note, was very annoyed, looked at every option?????, put earphones in they worked??? So basically it wasn’t a damaged port!!!!! What I’ve read is non logic, I left the phone, was beside myself as it’s my work phone’ tried most of what I read. Used a tissue lightly in USB port as earphones are working, stood phone upright for longer than 10 minutes. Was panicking as tissues have residue hairs and fibres, dust!!!! 24 hours it was charging with no message, fingers crossed, I do not believe it’s an update failure, I can well believe in temperature change, freak weather and overheating, I do believe Samsung is up and coming against an Apple 

0 Likes
Edwin v
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Get this lots of forums saying its samsung causing this they put something in there update ...i took mine to an authorized samsung repair shop samsung made the appt i went they had phone for 3 hours ..returned they said they changed the port to new one same issue ...put mine back in and put notes in samsung that they can see saying phones unrepairable ..my phones 6 months old under warranty ...they want me to send it in so there there techs can look at it ...and wont send me new phone...i swap my phone every year for the new model n trade in ...so if found not fixable i lose all my data /info cause i cant do samsung app swap ...shady samsung ...been buying android for 10 years plus ...guess what iphone time samsung you dud a loyal customer wrong ....ps my phone never was wet ever ...

rich951
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Thank you soooo MUCH !!

You saved me 24 euros for professional cleaning and maybe even 100 euros for new USB port.

Send me your paypal.me so I can buy you a coffee.

Cheers :smiling-face:

0 Likes