Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to mobile data and internet

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 02:20 PM)
RAB
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Note 9, running Android v.10; One UI v. 2.5

Very difficult to access internet via mobile data on new phone via Tesco mobile.  All other features working and internet connection via wifi is fine.  Mobile data either takes >10 mins to connect or does not connect at all.  Funny thing is that there seems to be a workaround - if I connect to voice network i.e start a call, and then promptly switch to data use, then wifi symbols appear immediately on device and access to internet is possible! 

Have checked settings and based on other comments checked and reinstalled APN connections to network provider. 

Am reading in Community here, there is a similar problem with S20 phones which requires a software update

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-fe-galaxy-s20-galaxy/possible-fix-of-missing-mobile-d... 

>> Does this same fix apply to other devices too; is this my root cause?  Thanks for any feedback

3 REPLIES 3
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
my first instinct would to try and delete all network configurations entirely, reboot your device and readd them manually and see if there's a change
0 Likes
greenbeans
Apprentice
Options
on my s10 (android 11) did and doesnt have the problem but a software update just came out.
0 Likes
RAB
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the feedback. 

Had tried deleting network configurations in conversation with mobile provider's support.  Asked Samsung support too now, as seems that this might be software related.  ....Happened to be notified of a Samsung software update today which seemed to cover a number of apps / bugs.  So that's now loaded - but without success. 

Thought this might also address the fix solution coming from Support which was to do a factory reset on the device...start again and see if that fixes it!...disappointing that was all they could suggest.

Given that this means backing up, restoring and reinstalling apps, might carry on with my workaround for a bit to see if anything else fixes it.  I wonder does anyone else have this issue on a Note9?  - funny if it's just me where it's gone wrong, for what should be a standard part of a phone set up & installation!!

0 Likes