Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Caller id and spam protection greyed out

(Topic created on: 16-12-2020 12:57 PM)
AsFack
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I came across this problem 2 days ago and I found no solutions...

Is there a way to fix this ? I tried resetting smart calls and phone app but still nothing.

I'm on a SN960U1

Screenshot_20201216-101843_Call settings.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
csaba_maya
Apprentice
Options

I found that it depends on the sim card, i have s20+ on vodafone. Earlier it worked when I was in UK on the 3 network, but now as I moved to another country changed to vodafone it greyed out. I managed to solve the issue by switching to e-sim on vodafone then put in a 3 (UK network) sim card and in settings I changed the mobile data sim to be the uk one, and there is option in sim manager settings called data switching and backup calling, so with this setting turned on the primarily mobile data sim is the 3 network sim but because that's just an empty pay as you go sim it gathers network from my vodafone e-sim card. This way the caller id and spam protection menu is on again and works perfectly. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Looking at this thread eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/caller-id-and-spam-protection that option maybe Region or Network dependant.

There are some more threads via a forum search or Google Search @AsFack 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Roberto2808
Apprentice
Options

That thread doesn't show a real solution working for every user... It seems that we have this Spam protection greyed out due to country and region restrictions... I bough my phone from the US and I am using it from Latin America... It seems that's a problem that Samsung hasn't taken care of...

Badboybubby
Explorer
Options

Cmon global surely, google phone can.

nexushead
First Poster
Options
Hi, did you find a solution for the same?
0 Likes
Solution
csaba_maya
Apprentice
Options

I found that it depends on the sim card, i have s20+ on vodafone. Earlier it worked when I was in UK on the 3 network, but now as I moved to another country changed to vodafone it greyed out. I managed to solve the issue by switching to e-sim on vodafone then put in a 3 (UK network) sim card and in settings I changed the mobile data sim to be the uk one, and there is option in sim manager settings called data switching and backup calling, so with this setting turned on the primarily mobile data sim is the 3 network sim but because that's just an empty pay as you go sim it gathers network from my vodafone e-sim card. This way the caller id and spam protection menu is on again and works perfectly. 

0 Likes
Chang2
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. 

csaba_maya
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes