Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloatware

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 07:07 AM)
Scottf
Apprentice
Options
Wanted to ask why samsung put all this on there phones as the ones on mine drains my battery like samsung location sdk.
At work I keep my phone in flight mode and silent to stop it going off now the building has 0 signal inside cos of metal frame now the problem is at lunch time my battery is down to 30% from 100% at the start of the day often phone is dead atthe e d of shift 10 to 12 hours with wakelock the main issue is samsung location sdk if I force stop it the issue goes away till recently with visit in now causing the same problems.

Now what annoys me is I paid for this phone fully and they can add what they want to it causing issues if I'm off work not in airplane mode no battery drain like this.

So anyway to sort this without rooting it as I use samsung pay ect I just want to get my phone back to were it should be like it was
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That is a hell of a battery drain, my sdk uses 3% at worst, do you have any location tracking enabled?
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
There are a number of things that will kill the battery
Looking for a signal ... flight mode is a good idea
Screen brightness and screen time also are bad habits.
As for bloatwere you should kill all apps after use by pressing the 3 bars in the bottom left of the screen.
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Look at my post on bloatware removal. Just make sure you have the latest Samsung Drivers installed on your laptop, as well as Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Good luck! 👍

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/bloatware-removal-discussion/td-p/3942086
0 Likes
Scottf
Apprentice
Options
Location is onc for tracking incase I loose the phone but thats it
Scottf
Apprentice
Options
All apps are killed after use also have it set in dev mode so when closed they are killed too screen brightness I normal keep low and screen time is very low when in work like said its only when on flight mode it seems to make it hunt constantly for a signal making im guessing location sdk run so much
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Ah it won't be that then, I have it on for family members to see me but it only drains the battery if your in the car, weird
0 Likes