Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery issue

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 01:34 PM)
Eli111
First Poster
Options
Hello, could please anybody help with this. The batteries on two different Galaxy notes start drain exponentially after reaching around 5 or so percent.  The pattern of phones use does not charge, but suddenly the batteries start discharging at 60 percent per hour and the phones are dead in 3 - 5 minutes. Anybody has similar experience? Thank you
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
WKFD
Pioneer
Options
dodgy app or unofficial charger been used maybe
0 Likes
Z7866
Pioneer
Options
I have heard alot of people complaining about their battery on the samsung note 9
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Eli111: Sorry to hear that you're having battery issues with your Galaxy Note 9. Are you using the official charger that came with the device(s)? if so, please charge the phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches 50%, or shows a drop in charge rate, then head to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage, and check the list of apps at the bottom of the screen. Can you see anything listed here that is using an abnormal amount of battery? If so, make sure to close any of the offending apps via the Recent Apps button when not in use, to reduce background activity and preserve your battery. 

If the issue persists, please restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below and monitor the battery performance. If you notice an improvement then the issue is likely to be stemming from an external source, in which case please restart the phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed 3rd party apps. For Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off. 

0 Likes
Eli111
First Poster
Options
Hello and thank you for writing. I do not always use the original Samsung cable and charger. I use Anker's or Tesco Juice alike. The battery charges normally and sustainably. The Note 9 is nearly 2 years old and for that age the battery holds surprisingly well. It is exactly the last few percent of charge restraining that is the problem, say on average 1 percent gives circa 5 mins screen on time and the last 10-5 percent are gone in 2 minutes max. I have now done exactly as you suggested with Galaxy Note 9, however the issue still persists. I attach the image of a discharging graph for the let few percent where toy will see the drain is almost horizontal. I also notice a similar issue with a nearly new Note 10 though not as dramatic - an average 5 mins per 1% drop to 45 secs - 1 minute as soon as the battery is below 6-8%.
0 Likes
Eli111
First Poster
Options
Actually, throughout nearly 2 years the battery holds surprisingly well - with all the battery saving tools I have around 7 hours screen on time. The problem is the last few present which are disproportionately high discharge. And so I have a feeling that it might be something to do with a gauge forcing the phone to shut. But of course I hope that Samsung engineers have better knowledge?
0 Likes