Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain on latest update to my Note 9 is ridiculous

(Topic created on: 25-05-2021 07:34 PM)
Leadsinger1971
Apprentice
Options
Latest update, battery drain is ridiculous, literally 1% drain every 3 minutes, which equates to 5 hours battery life, compared to at least 14 hrs before the update. 
Samsung you are clearly designing this to happen in your updates of older phones to encourage us to buy a newer model, there is no other reason for this. Everything in my phone is the same as before the update, so obviously you are purposefully doing this. Disgraceful! So I will upgrade my phone, but not with you again after almost 15 years of loyalty, I will move onto Xiaomi, they are better, and offer more to there customers. Samsung you are binned!
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you cleared your system cache? Can you post your battery stats, also? Something is obviously wrong and it may not be your phone!
0 Likes
Leadsinger1971
Apprentice
Options
Gone through all possible reasons, cleared cache, soft resets, checked background apps, you name its been done. It is clearly the update as my lady has the same problem, both bought the same phones from same shop on same day. Rang my work buddy who has a note 9, same problem. Update for sure, this is what Samsung do, I suspected it with my last Samsung as the same thing happened with that one when a new Android system was on the market.. Samsung can sod off from now on, Xiaomi is far superior now.
0 Likes