Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App notification sounds aloud when phone on silent and no notification

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 01:47 PM)
Eragon626
Journeyman
Options
Since the last update this phone has been sounding allowed the notification bell sound (without an app appearing in the notification bar) even when the phone is on silent and with headphones in.

I originally thought the occurrence of the sound was random however it occurs at the specific times: 3:24 am, 5:30 am, 13:00 pm, 17:00pm, 22:30pm.

So far I have done the following:
1) Soft reset multiple times 
2) Cleared the cash partition
3) left the phone in safe mode at those times and the app bell sound does not happen. 
4) restet phone settings 
5) restet app permission
6) set notification sounds to silent in SIM 1 and SIM 2 

The sound still plays outloud (I'm guessing using the media volume) even though I have rest everything, the phone is on slight, no not disturb mode, and even with headphones. At those times without fail the notification sound happens but no notification light or notification appears in the notification bar. 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, as you do not have issues in safe mode the problem is a third party app. Firstly install the Toast Notification app and see if it picks up where the notifications are coming from so you can uninstall the problem app.
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
On the app screen, press and hold the icon for which ever app it is, this brings up another menu, click the (i) in the top right corner which enters app information screen, click on notifications and set to silent.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Eragon626 ,Have you tried disabling NFC?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Eragon626
Journeyman
Options
I've never turned NFC on, always been off
Eragon626
Journeyman
Options
"(without an app appearing in the notification bar)"
0 Likes
Eragon626
Journeyman
Options
Should I do this for both the main apps and those in the secure folder (i.e. download that app twice)?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Good idea which may save some time.
0 Likes
Eragon626
Journeyman
Options
No luck, notification bell still rang aloud but "toast source" and "nice catch" app didn't find it.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Eragon626: Does an icon appear in the Status bar at the top of the screen when the notification sounds? Have you tried heading to Settings > Notifications > Recently Sent, to see if an app is listed here that corresponds with the alert? 

0 Likes