Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After service

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 02:06 AM)
ErmitoF
Student
Options
I had really pathetic experience while booking service repair appointment with local samsung experience store. I accidentally broke my screen a month ago and also end tip of the SPen. When I went to drop it for service, reps advised I could only do so with an prior appointment. Fair enough when I went on my appointment day, guy sent me back saying engineer is refusing to take the phone due to broken SPen as it may not pass samsung standard of some OCS test and advised me to get the pen replaced first and then come to book service for screen replacement. However instead of guiding me to buy spen from Samsung directly to match samsungvsrandards, the rep advised me to buy cheap £10 spen from amazon which clearly stated that there's no Bluetooth functionality. I just imagined how would this cheap pen meet samsung standards if it cannot function fully. Anyways I order original samsung spen costing £35. Today after getting this spen I went on samsung website to change or rebook appointment for either Saturday or Sunday as I am busy working during weekdays. I have been struggling to do my job due to this faulty screen since a month. Anyways wesite did not complete appointment booking as it gave error and advised to either book collection or at home mobile repair which may take 10 days to have some come to my home and it also gave option to live chat, which was absolutely useless and waste of time as chat agent told me the same option and gave me telephone number to call. Then I called telephone number spoke to Emily, who sounded so arrogant and again gave same options as website and live chat, and also asked me if I knew how much are the charges and better to get quotation first, I advised Emily that charges are not important and I am aware of them but I want to book earliest appointment, Emily response clearly indicated that I can't afford the repairs and simply disconnected phone and put me through telephone survey surely to get bad remarks, don't know whether did this purposely to spoil samsung name and brand image as I hold 6 samsung devices in smart phones and tablets and all of othe family members are samsung users and most of our household are samsung like the TV, micro, fridge, etc. But this experience just to drop my phone for service was a nightmare. Is samsungs customer services deteriorating. I don't know or what samsung is going to do about this to maintain thier standards intact
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Seems strange.
I booked my Note 20 Ultra in for replacement screen.
Sent it off and got a quote.
They did the job and sent it back.
Took about 8 days if I recall, partly because I didn't reply very quickly.
Worked out OK though.
Is yours through a UK or European service. I'm in the UK and it's straight forward
0 Likes
westy79
Apprentice
Options
How much ya pay?
ErmitoF
Student
Options
Hi, I am based in UK too, its strange for me too, I am samsungbuser since 2005 or earlier when was in dubai, I am surprised with my experience too, I am note user since long time, have Note20 ultra for my wife, kids using Samsung tabs S6, in all I have 6 units, in my house, my othe family members use Samsung too. It was strange this time.
0 Likes
ErmitoF
Student
Options
For my note its £230 + £40 think for battery fore note 20 screen its £269 or so
0 Likes
ErmitoF
Student
Options
Is samsungs recruitment team hiring right people in customer service team.

Very arrogant telephone agent, have discriminative over the phone. Such an inconvenience just to drop smartphone for service to replace broken screen.

Guiding me to buy cheap sub standard pen on amazon just replace the broken pen before taking phone for service saying they maintain samsung service by asking to replace broken tip pen for a sub standard cheap pen.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I think it was around £270 if I remember. An expensive mistake 😕
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best thing is to visit the help section on your Samsung Members app and speak to someone from customer services directly.
Sounds like you must have gone through a third party somehow.
Anytime I've contacted Samsung customer services, they have been very good in my experience with them.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
From what I have read on community over the last 9 months I wouldn't want anything to go wrong with my phone but all I can say is it can't be any worse than apples customer service
0 Likes