Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with phone calls

(Topic created on: 14-11-2020 01:45 PM)
DomTT
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone has a method to help fix this problem... not sure how it has come about and any help would be very appreciated.

Basically when I get a phone call and answer the call, the other person on the line cannot hear me. They can hear me however if I use speaker phone (not ideal). Anyway, if I call them back, the audio is fine the normal way and I don't need to switch to speaker phone at all. 

These are the methods I have tried:

1. *#0283# testing the receiver - most of the time there is a clicking/static sound and I cannot hear my own voice back
2. Cleared memory cache and data from the call app
3. Speaker phone activated upon receipt of a call which is not ideal
4. Started phone in safe mode to see if an app is conflicting with the settings, no joy
5. Taken SIM card out and rubbed the gold chip
6. Checked update on settings and latest version is in use
7. Tested microphone in defualt voice recorder app, also tested a voice message in WhatsApp, all works fine
8. Factory reset phone, no joy and a waste of time

After trying all this the receiver still makes a clicking/static sound

Any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe I am missing something, it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue? 

Many thanks 😊

#galaxynote9 #calling #calls #note9 #troubleshooting 

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Easington
Apprentice
Options

My "reset all settings" option seems to still be working since earlier this week

0 Likes
DomTT
Explorer
Options
it is rather annoying, I still have this issue and it is still on-going, nothing keeps the problem from happening again, I just answer calls in speaker mode which is frustrating! and yes, UK based :smiling-face:
0 Likes
DomTT
Explorer
Options
nope! I still have this problem, nothing has fixed it, any joy for you?
0 Likes
dfca
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

Ever since I did the factory reset on mine almost 3 weeks ago (after getting the small extra update) it solved my issue and has been working properly since.

I did not, however, restored the apps that I had previously installed, it could be due to a conflict with some app so I decided to install them fresh one by one as needed and so far no issues.

Hope you all get it sorted also.

EDIT: I suggest trying to update the phone, doing a factory reset and then restore only the needed content such as contacts, messages, photos, etc without restoring the apps and settings. Then configure it manually again and install like 1 app per day, if it suddenly stops working then it might have to do with the latest app you've installed.

Cheers,

- Dan

Easington
Apprentice
Options

Mine still seems OK at the minute, test it everyday using my work phone. Seems there is also another thread on this: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note9/since-patch-update-people-can-t-hear-me-when-i-answ...

DomTT
Explorer
Options
thank you for that, I will try it although it sounds like alot of effort I have just been using speaker phone whenever I am contacted... maybe there will be a patch soon, some of the newer phones have a software update and we are usually not too long behind to follow! :smiling-face:
0 Likes
DomTT
Explorer
Options
awesome thank you, will keep an eye on this thread also :smiling-face:
Paul4
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've just got over your post , I was wondering if you could solve the problem with calling?I have a note 9 myself, and it only does it during phone calls.

TIAL :smiling-face:

0 Likes