Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with phone calls

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 08:43 PM)
DomTT
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone has a method to help fix this problem... not sure how it has come about and any help would be very appreciated.

Basically when I get a phone call and answer the call, the other person on the line cannot hear me. They can hear me however if I use speaker phone (not ideal). Anyway, if I call them back, the audio is fine the normal way and I don't need to switch to speaker phone at all. 

These are the methods I have tried:

1. *#0283# testing the receiver - most of the time there is a clicking/static sound and I cannot hear my own voice back
2. Cleared memory cache and data from the call app
3. Speaker phone activated upon receipt of a call which is not ideal
4. Started phone in safe mode to see if an app is conflicting with the settings, no joy
5. Taken SIM card out and rubbed the gold chip
6. Checked update on settings and latest version is in use
7. Tested microphone in defualt voice recorder app, also tested a voice message in WhatsApp, all works fine
8. Factory reset phone, no joy and a waste of time

After trying all this the receiver still makes a clicking/static sound

Any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe I am missing something, it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue? 

Many thanks 😊

#galaxynote9 #calling #calls #note9 #troubleshooting 

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried this ?

Screenshot_20201114-135119_Settings Suggestions_4831.jpg

Screenshot_20201114-135140_Settings_4833.jpg

Screenshot_20201114-135214_Settings_4835.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
did this just happen after an update recently
0 Likes
MickyP
First Poster
Options
have you any bluetoothe devices connected during the calls?
make sure bluetoothe is switched off.
0 Likes
DomTT
Explorer
Options
Hiya, thanks for your reply, yes I've tried this, same thing is still happening sadly even after don't that 😞
0 Likes
DomTT
Explorer
Options
hey, thanks for your reply, could it be update related? my phone did an update on the 6th November and that was the most recent software update, it hasn't happened before... if so is it just a case of waiting for it to be fixed? how annoying
0 Likes
DomTT
Explorer
Options
heya, thanks for your reply, no Bluetooth devices connected, although when I tried with my galaxy buds it was working as is speak phone, only normal functionality of a call isn't
0 Likes
dfca
Journeyman
Options

Hey there.

I'm having the exact same problem and it's definitely related to the last update since it was working fine before applying the update and started acting like this right after.

Also tried every single step to fix the issue to no avail, also tried using the google phone app and the exact same happens.

On receiving a call the caller says they hear a strange noise and nothing else, if I toggle the loudspeaker on and off then it starts working properly. The same behavior happens in both samsung's phone app and google's phone all so it ain't related to the app itself.

Hope someone can shed some light on how to fix this issue since it's annoying to always have to toggle the loudspeaker on and off to be able to receive a call.

I'm using a dual sim from two different network operators and it happens in both so it most likely isn't network operator related either.

EDIT: just checked the s9 forums and a bunch of people are complaining about the same problem, so I guess it's related to the 9 series. One of them, however, reported he received a new update this last saturday that solved the issue, fingers crossed it also reaches us soon and also fixes it.

Regards,

- Dan

DomTT
Explorer
Options
Hey!

I'm glad it's not just me then and must have been the update like you say... how annoying!

Hopefully they patch it up soon as it was working fine before and I haven't dropped the phone or anything to cause it to be like that either

I've found using loudspeaker works but that's not always convenient, I'll try the loudspeaker toggle on and off that might be an interim measure, thanks for that!

Kind regards,
Dom
0 Likes
dfca
Journeyman
Options

Heya,

Yeah, it's not a perfect solution but allows to make a regular phone call meanwhile until they sort it out. 

As I said on my last edit to my last post they seemed to have pushed 2 extra updates to the s9 series which seem to have solved the issue this last saturday, so let's hope they release one for the note soon as well!

Cheers!

- Dan

0 Likes