Did you mean: 

Original topic:

4 tone descending noise every 30 seconds

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 11:06 AM)
ant38
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

hi, my galaxy note 9 has developed a problem. a few hours after it has been switched on it starts making a 4 tone descending noise every 30 seconds.for the first few hours this doesnt happen. i had a relatively recent software update, but the problem didnt start for a afew days after that.. the noise will happen even if i have no apps running. i havent recently downloaded any new apps, i cant see that any alarms are turned on. i have recorded the sound and could send a file if helpful, any suggestions?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Hi @ant38 ! 

I've seen posts of random beep-like noises being reported by some users of a few models (S7, S9, Note10 etc.), who found that the culprit was the Khaleej Times app that did that despite was showing in the Settings etc., e.g.: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Samsung-S7-making-random-beep-like-morse-code-...

Unsure if it's the same for you... but feel free to link to a sound file on here. 🙂👍

ant38
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow aknowledgement. updated all my apps and for the moment seems to have solved the problem