Original topic:

Wireless charging stops and starts at 100%

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 05:08 PM)
G-Shock
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi,

Since the update earlier this week my note 20 Ultra now charges to 100% at night and what looks like once per hour stops charging, drops to 97% (ish) then back to 100%, it repeats this at intervals during the night. I can see the stop start pattern of the charge in the device care charging graph. Only started doing this after installing the latests update (Oct). Anyone else noticed this ?

thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
zachgordonxxx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I think jts tk help with heat and battery degradation especially if you use adaptive battery it will help keep your battery living longer as it will learn your habits and not have a constant charge going into the battery
0 Likes
G-Shock
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

interesting, so you think they added this in the most recent software update ?, it never did it before. Thansk

0 Likes
pete007
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I never charge my phone during the night. As it will stop at 100% but is still plugged in untill you awake.
0 Likes
G-Shock
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

not sure we are on the same page, the phone charges to 100%, then after a while stops charging and drops to around 97 (still on the charger), then goes back to 100, it repeats this cycle maybe once per hour (all while its on the charger), this has only started happening since the latest update

0 Likes
G-Shock
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Here is the battery charge from last night, you can see it going on and off, very odd

SmartSelect_20201008-173137_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Bradsharp54
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I updated last night, and use my phone as a desktop clock at night.  when it's charging the display stays on.  I noticed really quick that once it hit 100% charging would stop and so would my display.  It's really annoying.  And I'd like to learn how to fix it as well.

0 Likes