Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why many people think that the snapdragon is better

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 11:37 PM)
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
I have no know idea why many people think that the snapdragon version is way better than the exynos version. Personally I do like the exynos version because the battery does last quite long rought about 7 or 8 hours which is ok but still I don't get why people are saying that the exynos version is bad. Performance wise, the galaxy Note20 Ultra with the exynos chipset runs quite faster compared to my old J6+ and it really helped a lot when i'm playing games, opening various of apps, web browsing etc. It still can do pretty much everything in my day-to-day use.

If you're in the UK or EU, what was your experience with the exynos version of the Galaxy note20 ultra?
12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Youtubers blowing it out of proportion with their comparisons.

We in the UK always got the exynos and personally I couldn't care less if snapdragon is better or not.

I purchased a product knowing what I was getting.
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

In my own experience having owned both.

1 - There is a considerable battery difference. You could literally watch the battery percentage dropping on the Exynos but the SD is very good.

2 - Dropped calls and poor data. Exynos kept getting poor signal on both voice and data. For example at my work which is in a large industrial complex my P30 Pro, Note 10 Ultra and the SD received data fine but the Exynos got nothing. It also frequently dropped voice calls even in built up areas. no issues with SD.

3 - Display quality. Exynos version was less bright and "washed out" and it was instantly noticeable. SD display is far far better.

4 - Camera. SD version takes sharper pictures.

5 - Overheatng. Exynos version got very hot in use. No issues with SD.

I'm no Youtuber, just a Samsung customer amazed how the SD is almost the perfect device and the Exynos is absolutely terrible. Pity I had to return the UK one and import from HK. Really glad I did though.

ItzZia
Navigator
Options
That's a big disappointment with the uk versions. Does anyone else have their experience between the exynos and snapdragon version?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ItzZia 

Maybe because sometimes people read tech blogs discussing Exynos vs Snapdragon SoC variants and also read different opinions on forums.

Most consumers I suspect don't even know what chipset is in their phone and are not concerned. 

I've owned both the Samsung Note²⁰ Ultra Exynos as I'm in the UK and imported the Snapdragon version of the same phone from Samsung Hong Kong and to be honest apart from the battery lasting approximately 1 hour longer everything else felt the same.

Exynos has come on leaps and bounds recently and in my opinion has certainly breached the gap between the two SoC variants.

I also own the Fold³ which is Snapdragon and the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra with Exynos and both in my experience are great phone's in their own right  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Very good
0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Do u have the exynos version? If so, can you tell me experience please?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My Exynos version performed well with no overheating [ I don't game ] and pretty much everything else was smooth.

The only issue I had was network connection which instigated me sending it back to Samsung UK which I believed was a hardware fault inside the phone @ItzZia 

ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Thank u so much for your experience with this device. So did mine performed well. Although i do play games for entertainment and use social media, it never let's my phone down. Sometimes apps do crash but it functions. People only care about the snapdragon version than the uk/eu version because they think it has good battery and performance. Even the exynos version too.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your very welcome for my reply @ItzZia 👍

Owners have reported some issues both with Snapdragon and Exynos versions of the phone.

Unfortunately it's not always an easy task troubleshooting individual issues as android is open sourced so there are many set up preferences and apps etc that each person uses that can lead to differently experienced issues.

I also use various platforms of Social Media  😉