Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which recent Samsung phone should I buyp in 2022?(but not Galaxy S)

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 05:10 PM)
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

I want to choose a phone that is 6.7 inches or larger and has at least interface version 4.1. The Galaxy S don't interest me too much, not even the s20 ultra because I don't really like its design. The problem is that I currently have an a70, it is fine (especially 2 years ago) but now it is not updated, it remains on Android 11 and on 3.1 for 1 year, it will be obsolete l next year and the infinity-u notch (the kind of teardrop at the top of the screen) bothers me more than before and seeing all my friends having phones without that teardrop notch (like the phones s20,note 20...) and that they are on Android 12 and not me it bothers me. So I don't know if I'm taking the Galaxy note 20 ultra or if I'm waiting for a future galaxy A model like A74 because the Galaxy note 20 ultra, its last update will be on Android 13 next year and I tell myself that it won't bother me if I don't have Android 14, since those around me won't have it, but if in the future there are even better phones, I had to wait for my future phone to wear out completely. And I like the A71 but it has some flaws and it was released in 2020 so it's not worth it because it will quickly be obsolete and replaced by other phones. I picked up this phone because in 2019 I needed a phone that worked well because my old phone was a pain and I couldn't wait another 365 days. Will a phone that will be obsolete from the Galaxy note range that is now discontinued be slower as soon as there are no more updates? And will there be new Galaxy A like A74, A75 (I don't like the a73 too much and I know someone who has the 72 and I don't like it too much)...which they won't be? I don't think obsolete from Android 13 if they come out soon?

6 REPLIES 6
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I recently bought my Wife an A52S @hamar1 and I recommend you give this phone some consideration. Yes it's screen is 6.5 inches and not the 6.7 you are looking for but it has a great 120Hz display with an excellent camera system as well as solid battery life. It is a surprisingly light thing too compared to my bulky S21 Ultra and it is very inexpensive and the best bargain out there either outright or on a contract. It is also new enough a model to get three years OS upgrades from Samsung guaranteed so it will get Android 13 and Android 14 too. The thing even has a 3.5mm headphone jack. It's Snapdragon chipset gives very good gaming performance also. Good luck to you regardless on whatever phone you do end up choosing for yourself. 👍 👍
0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

The Galaxy A will have two or three Android updates? (because on the s20 they will have Android 13 while they have already had 2 updates)

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
They get three updates @hamar1. My Wife's A52s ran Android 11 out of the box and soon got Android 12 as it first big update so Androids 13 and 14 will be it's second and third BUT it will continue to get security updates for it's fourth year. 👍

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a52s-three-big-android-updates-support/
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
I would wait a little and go for the soon to be available galaxy xcover 6 Pro, A sturdy phone lots of security and will live to get android 14
0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

I am surprised that my phone stopped at the 2nd update and not at the 3rd when they had planned 4 years of update. But it may not be for 2019 devices. Samsung is said to be a good student for updates, but with this phone I don't feel like it (but hey I know people who are still on Samsung experience 8.1)

0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

I dreamed that I had an A71 and that I struggled to transfer my applications (in reality the application for that is not installed on the a70 but on an a72 yes!!! and yet on my old phone I managed to transfer the applications to the a70 (unless it was me who uninstalled the application later in 2019)). But a71 is going to be obsolete next year as it will max out on android 13. a73 looks good and it will have 4 android updates

In fact, I think even with an obsolete phone next year I'll be happy just because there won't be the notch at the top of the screen like on my a70, but I'm sure I'll be p***** afterwards so I don't think it's a good idea the A71 in 2022

0 Likes