Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are raw photos stored on the Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 11:16 PM)
yummyflo
Pioneer
Options
Hi there,
I don't seem to be able to take RAW photos in pro mode. 
I have enabled the option to take RAW... It takes the pictures but i can only see the jpeg version in the gallery.
No RAW version to be found nowhere in the phone system. 

Best regards y'all
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
have you got one drive or Samsung cloud ?
0 Likes
yummyflo
Pioneer
Options
Yes i do!!
0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
Well open one drive and if you're pictures is not in one drive, then they'll probably be in Samsung cloud
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I believe the files will have .dng extensions and are in the same place as all the camera photos, DCIM>Camera
yummyflo
Pioneer
Options
I know about the dng ... but can't find them nowhere... strange🤔
0 Likes
yummyflo
Pioneer
Options
No 🥺... it's not there neither... 🤷🏾‍♂️
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
When taking the pictures, did you adjust the contrast? I don't know about the Note 20, but on the S21 Ultra, if you do adjust the contrast (or any other colour filter), it does not capture raw images.
0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
I will have to explore, if you go into settings, scroll down to tips and user manual you might get the information there , failing that ask Google
0 Likes
SoftwareStew
First Poster
Options

I thought the same thing was happening to me, but it turns out I was not in PRO mode.  In your camera app, if you see the word PHOTO above the white circle, you are NOT in PRO mode.  Instead, click on MORE over on the right, then on PRO in the icon list.  Then, both raw (dng) and jpg versions of photos you take will show up in the Photos app.  You can also get to them from your PC using the path (in my particular case): This PC\Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G\Phone\DCIM\Camera

Hope that solves it for you.