Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WhatsApp hears YouTube

(Topic created on: 10/09/20 18:31)
Mrproblems
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Why can't this note 20 ultra do two things at once, why is it when I'm having a WhatsApp video call and use YouTube to watch a video the other person can hear the YouTube video. Is that possible on this phone with the microphone rite next to a speaker. Also why does this phone keep freezing up on me even when trying to write this message the phone just freezes up then you have to reload the page, iv done master resets it don't work is there a way to sort this before it gets send back because I'm not living with this my moto done better it just worked no freezing up its like going back to windows 95 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@Mrproblems: If you're on a video call, and have Youtube open, then it is possible that the phones microphone is picking up some residual audio in the background. To address this, head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume > Media, and move the slider to the left to reduce the volume. Alternatively, although not ideal if you're on a call, you could assign Youtube to output via a Bluetooth headset or speaker by going to Sounds and Vibration > Separate App Sound > App > Youtube > Audio Device > Select the relevant Bluetooth device (this must be connected in order to be available for selection at this stage). 

Does your phone freeze randomly, or when you are using a specific app of feature? Do you get any error messages when the issue occurs? 

Mrproblems1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
OK thank you for your advice on the speaker picking up WhatsApp. as for the phone freezing up. the phone will freeze up when going through Google home or select a website from from Google home page it will load up completely you can look through the page and it will freezes you can not do no more on the page till you close the screen go back to home screen then reopen the page then you can scroll through the page, this happens when on Google, YouTube, samsung website trying to talk to them for help need to reply and the phone has just frozen, I need to go back to my phone home screen then quickly get back to the screen so I can reply, and the keyboard comes up your typing but nothing is being displayed, till you go back to home screen then back to the web page. I don't get no error messages just freezes, iv done all samsung resets cleared everything un installed reloaded WhatsApp and YouTube tried it all with them. samsung said email WhatsApp about the problem as its a 3rd party app. I do like this phone it must be able to run two apps at the sametime, I got this pre release I was expecting a little ironing out after release but im still waiting for the ear buds and trying to get YouTube and WhatsApp to work together. and even better if I cover the speaker on the bottom of the phone the other person can not hear YouTube the microphone is 10mm from a speaker on this phone I can't help think this can't be done
0 Likes