Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum read and write speed on SD card for the Galaxy Note 20 ultra?

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 06:15 PM)
MarcusR
First Poster
Options

I bough and Samsung SD card Pro Plus of 160mb Read and 140 write, however doing some speed tests I got only about 50mb for both? Does anyone faced the same problem? or knows what speed it can/should reach?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, it can depend on what you are writing to the card. One large file should give better speeds than a few smaller files.

Where did you get the card? There's loads of counterfeits on EBay and Amazon.

This article may help https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/fake-sd-card-test.html%3famp
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

I bought a Samsung Evo 512gb card some months ago that works fine. It writes music videos at around 35 and reads at 130.

We ordered exactly the same card from the same seller for my son's phone and it was locked at 10 read and 10 write. Contacted Samsung support but they were worse than useless.

No idea why, so we sent it back and the replacement was the same?

Sent that one back and got a Sandisk one and it's great.

0 Likes
MarcusR
First Poster
Options

Many thanks @Pugs1957 and @kradcliffe. So I bought it on Ali express, if this is fake they did a pretty good job copying it. 😕 I made tests with apps mentioned on the article @Pugs1957 and all gave around the 50mb. I complained to the seller and he said I should use a "3.0 card reader" I don't know what the h... is that, but I would assume that Note 20 ultra is using latest tech... by the way I research about the slot speed could not find any information relevant of speed and no videos of people testing their phones writing and reading speeds on SD cards. I'm assuming I probably bought a fake SD even thought it does not look like. What app do you use for testing @kradcliffe

Many thanks for the replies.

0 Likes