Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What is the best SD card for the new Note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 08:04 PM)
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
I've pre-ordered the new Note 20 Ultra however,  thinking about the fact it can record at 4K, what would be the best SD card to use. Would I for example be better off getting a 

Samsung EVO Select 512 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100 MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card

Or the normal U1 version.  Any advice (especially from a Samsung Tech) would be greatly appreciated. 
9 REPLIES 9
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
well it really depends on how much you will put on your phone that can be moved to the SD card. i personally would recommend at least 128gb but it really depends on you.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jon7703 

Credits to @Cassidy007 

All-about-sd-cards. 

I would add to go with what your disposable income can buy to get the best you can.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Jon7703  

Don't buy a normal version buy a U3 

Read the article and if you have some question , tell me

Thanks @BandOfBrothers 

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I would advise you a samsung evo plus with at least 128gb of capacity since from that capacity and beyond the maximum read and write speeds are reached.

Be aware that there are a lot of fake cards circulatung,if you will after you buy it you can send me a message in private with the pictures of the card so i can look it up and see if it is original.

Let us know what you choose😉, keep in mind that only the s20 ultra has the sd card slot

sly007
First Poster
Options

Does the note 20 Ultra support UHS-II class speeds and video class up to V90?  Not sure if this is a factor based on UFS 3.1 improvements but if U3 cards at V30 video rates are the max for this device I will save the money.  IF a V60 or V90 card will improve performance, even for the camera when recording 4k or 8K video then it would be worth it!

Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
I eventually chose the Samsung EVO Plus 512 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100 MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MC512GA). I found out the Green version is an Amazon product made in the same factory but for Amazon
D3f44k
First Poster
Options

Hello I've got trouble with Samsung EVO plus xc1 U3 512 GB memory card when I try transfer some photos or change camera location to sd card sometimes are big grey blocks not photos  when I transfer my photos from internal memory the transfer is 22 MB/s not 100 MB/s I'd like  ask what is  wrong ???

0 Likes
D3f44k
First Poster
Options

20201228_215209.jpg

20201228_215108.jpg

 still big grey blocks 512 GB/XC1/U3 /SAMSUNG EVO PLUS

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

man i can see from 100miles that sd card is counterfeit one. where did you buy it? You must return it or if you cannot throw it away, those counterfeit cards do not last long and can loose data after 1 minute of usage

0 Likes