Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What is the back of the Note 20 Ultra made of?

(Topic created on: 08/09/20 19:25)
yama
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

can anyone else confirm that the back of the note 20 ultra does not feel like glass? (white version if it makes a difference)

Not that its a problem or a complaint just and odd observation.

So holding the note 10+ and the note 20 ultra in hand both turned off and unused for a while so at ambient room temps. Now the note 10+ back feels cool like most glass backed phones.....But the note 20 ultra does not, its always temperate?

To me it just does note feel like glass....or is it just an ultra thin glass or coated plastic and hence doesn't feel or sound correct, has anyone else noticed this? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CockWomble
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
glass
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@yama 

It's Gorilla Glass Victus.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
SkywalkerTC
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I can relate greatly to the host. Even though it says Gorilla Glass Victus on spec sheet, when I went to the retail store to look at Note 20 Ultra in person and tapped on the back of the phone with my nails, it felt very plastic-ky....  Then I tapped the Note 20 (real plastic), and it felt... a bit more plastic-ky, but not by much. Note 20 Ultra, despite using the newest Victus, does not feel premium at all. When I went home and tapped/looked at my mom's S10,  I was surprised how much more premium it felt.  Note 20 Ultra does NOT feel more premium than Note 20 by much IMO.  So my suggestion is to choose them based on other functions....

0 Likes