Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos disappeared on new Galaxy Note20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 03:19 AM)
BrendaP
Apprentice
Options

I recently upgraded to the Note20 Ultra. All of my data was moved to my new phone from my old. All photos & videos transferred just fine. Today I noticed my Gallery has been updated and I'm missing a ton of videos. They were saved on the phone, not an SD card. Any idea of how to find out what happened? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Maybe take a look in your MyFiles to see if they can be located that way @BrendaP 

Search through anything where your videos could be held.

Also look in any relevant Recycle Bins by pressing the Hamburger icon at the bottom of your gallery page.

There's also a Video tab to press that brings up all your stored videos.

In your Gallery tape on the 3 dots icon in the top right hand corner and tap on Hide or Unhide Albums.

If your video's are still on your previous phone then maybe use Smartswitch to move them across again.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BrendaP
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. I've tried everything you mentioned, they are just gone. The worst part is that after I downloaded everything from my old phone it was reset to factory settings & sent to Samsung as a trade in. I'm devastated as there were videos of one of my dogs I lost 2 years ago & they're just gone.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @BrendaP 

Is there any chance you have any online back ups in a vault like OneDrive  ?

For example I use Dropbox as a back up instead of Onedrive.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BrendaP
Apprentice
Options

I've checked Google One & they aren't there. The serious punch in the gut is that they were all on the Verizon Cloud but I dropped that service because I was already subscribed to Google's service. They are nowhere to be found. The only thing I can hope is that some of the important ones are stored in my FB account if I posted them there. It's odd the randomness of the videos gone too, it's not by timeliness as I still have 2 videos from 2 years ago, 1 from last summer & several from last fall & a couple of recent ones. I'm hoping to find a help desk for the Gallery app to see if they can restore my old Gallery. It happened exactly when that was updated.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@BrendaP: It might be worth checking Google Photos, either on your phone by swiping up from your Home Screen > Google (folder) > Photos, or through a browser via the link below. 

https://www.google.com/photos/about/

If they aren't there, and if the issue occurred after a Gallery update, then please head to Settings > Apps > Gallery > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Uninstall Updates, to see if this helps. 

BrendaP
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the suggestions. I checked Google photos already & they're not there. I did as you suggested to delete updates. No luck. Videos are just gone. I've learned a very hard lesson.

0 Likes