Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Very dim screen on the Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 08:47 PM)
yama
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

is anyone else experiencing the note 20 ultra to have an extremely dim screen. the brightness of the screen pales in comparison to the Note 10+, whites are a very milky greyish colour.

all settings are the same on both devices. Just trying to work out if this is faulty or if its just how its meant to be?

30 REPLIES 30
Meh90
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I will like to know too.
some days its amazing.
other times dim.
brightness is at max and its not on adaptive.
yama
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm hoping that it might be ok after an update that's available?

I can only describe the screen colours on the whites as looking dirty, or rather it reminds me of the old kindles for reading books.

Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi!

Now, if you've checked all of this, I'm sorry!

Have you checked if your Blue light Filter is on?
Have you checked if your Adaptive Brightness is on?
Is your Screen mode set to vivid or natural?
What is your tone set to? More cold, more warm or in between?

If you're not sure on these answers: >enter your settings
>tap on ''Display"
> you should now see if these are on and what warmth your screen is set to.

If Blue light filter is on, turn it off.
If Adaptive Brightness is on, turn it off.

And finally, your battery mode, what is it set to? This can reduce your screen brightness.

To locate this:
>enter settings menu
>tap on "Device Care"
>tap on "Battery"
>tap on "Power Mode"

If not selected already, choose "High Performance" or "Optimised".

Hope this helps!

yama
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

i think power mode is the culprit turn on to high power and that seemed to sort the brightness issues

Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Glad that helped!

Fair warning, high power mode can make your battery run out a little faster. If you set it to optimised, this shouldn't reduce your screen brightness but it'll help preserve the battery a little more.
0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
its shocking tbh. I have the s20 ultra too and the note 10. the colours are so washed out. sending it back to change it to make sure I do not miss out on my 14 day exchange period..if its the same samsung need to address this. phone screens from 5 plus years ago currently have more pop and depth than this.
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
What refresh rate do you have your screen set to? If you lower it, that might help.

Also please refer to my other comment on this post. There are so many options that can affect the screen, check those out before sending it back.

Hope that helps!
0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi Amunnie.

Thank you for your effort in replying. alas I have tried everything! I have had every note and s series since they first come out, I have been through everything, every hidden feature. and nothing I can do changes it. its so disappointing..

I do have a replacement coming Monday, and if the problem is still on the new device it must be a software issue!

0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Just got my replacement. The screen is also incredibly washed down, not vivid and tbh makes using the phone unenjoyable compared to my s20 ultra. which it shouldn't. Seriously expecting samsung to roll out and update for this.
0 Likes