Did you mean: 

Original topic:

USB Type C for phone calls

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 11:22 AM)
AlexyN9
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I can't use the USB Type C to make phone calls on any of my Samsung's devices (Note 20 Ultra, Note 10 lite and Note 9) Why is that? Any tips?
25 REPLIES 25
MrVlad1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Buy a phone with 3.5mm Jack.Not Samsung anymore.Charge,listen to wired headphones and play.Samsung is not offering that anymore.Only if you accept to use bluetooth headphones that dries your battery faster.Good one Samsung copy paste Apple i d i o t s
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
That's why I'm back to my galaxy note 9 (the still king) though I will keep the Note 20 Ultra for now mainly because I really love the live focus video for some of my projects but I have to say I keep losing love for Samsung year after year.
0 Likes
davehorne
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

When I owned my Note 10 Plus I bought an adapter, USB C to headphone jack from Samsung, so I could continue to use my Bose wired ear buds.  It worked just fine.

I'm wondering if your external USB C plug is the source of the issue.

Whenever I encounter a problem I try to eliminate what works and what doesn't.

0 Likes
AlexyN9
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Which toggles specifically? I've tried few things and nothing anyway
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Davehorne ‐ I already tried with a USB type C to 3.5mm jack dongle and I still have the same problem.
0 Likes
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@AlexyN9, let's try some basics to see if we can move forward with this. 

1. Restart your phone - a classic trick but also often incredibly effective. It also may trigger an available update to your phone

2. Check you're on the latest SW by heading to Settings > Software Update > Download now

3. Make sure all of your apps are up to date in the Play Store and Galaxy apps, remembering that even if you have your phone to download updates automatically if an app's permissions change that you will have to manually accept the update. 

4. Test your phone in Safe mode, this will allow you to see whether a native or third-party app is causing this behaviour.

To access Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off. 

- If the symptom continues when in Safe Mode. Please use Samsung Members app to submit an Error Report to us. 

- If the symptom stops when testing in Safe Mode, this is an indication that a third party application is interfering with this feature and you should review the apps you have downloaded. 

AlexyN9
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi. thanks for the info. I'll do that later after work and see if it works.
AsadM
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

No worries, @AlexyN9 

Do let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
note 9 and note 10 dont work with headphone usb C, it only use for charging port only, if it dont work on note 20 then I guess its the headphone, and if you cant charge up your note 20 then maybe the usb C port problem, if that happen try clean the usb port that might work
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I can charge my Note 20 Ultra using the USB Type C without issues. My only issue is with phone calls.
0 Likes