Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB port performance

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 09:51 AM)
Alex_Note20U
First Poster
Options

I have SM-N986N recently updated (Dec 25). Since the update my USB-C port behaves strange. It recognizes only original super-fast charger or wireless charging. Any other charger and cable (various combinations were checked) disconnects after 3 seconds. The USB headphones don't work any more either. I cleaned up USBSettings cache and data in the APPS and restarted the phone. this didn't help. What else can I do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Alex_Note20U ,

I would love to have a look at this with you. Has this been upgraded to Android 13? If so, on the new software version super fast charge is only displayed during the first seconds, them this disappears from the screen. The charging status can still be checked from the phone Settings> Battery an device care> Battery.

If this is not displayed even there when you use the other chargers, can you please test the port when these chargers are plugged from the Samsung Members app> Support> Cable charging.

0 Likes
Alex_Note20U
First Poster
Options

thanks for prompt reply
yes I have Android 13

I use Ampere apk to monitor charging so I know what's going on any time

0 Likes
Alex_Note20U
First Poster
Options

Alex_Note20U_0-1673882280004.png

0 Likes
Alex_Note20U
First Poster
Options

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-16 at 17.32.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-16 at 17.32.30.jpeg

 The first one is with original USB-C charger and the second is with Xiaomi 60W that works perfectly with my wife's phone and used to work with mine too

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

It seems that the charger won't be compatible with the new software update, at least at the moment. Do the same happens if you try to charge the phone when is turn off using this charger?

0 Likes
Alex_Note20U
First Poster
Options

There is a mess with chargers and cables that are able to charge my phone))) also when I turn it off. The vendor that I bought my phone from suggests to wait for a new system update.

What upsets me more is that I cannot use the original USB headphones

0 Likes