Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 07:36 PM)
Krashcan
First Poster
Options

I am beyond fed up with your forced updates, I didn't buy a $1200 phone for it to forced updates, take up space and change what I purchased. Every month you FORCE IT, I have owned samsung for 10 years now. This is the final, I am done, will never buy another samsung, shove your updates up your %#%#. At least stop forcing them. Ridiculous!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
CodyH
Voyager
Options
In the setting can set to manual update so not automatic if want and just not do them.
(True is shame can't say just do security update without rest as 3.1 android 11 was bad for most part.)
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you don't want apps to work properly and have no security updates, it's up to you.
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
If you don't update your phone regularly, your devices security may be compromised and your apps will most likely stop working properly.
Pjc21
Navigator
Options
I would have to agree slightly in some ways.
Security and necessary software updates are one thing, but I have owned my s21 ultra since week one of its release and find myself feeling like I'm playing Russian roulette with every update.. Will the camera work better or worse?
Will the battery perform worse?

Any consumer should have the confidence that any update will bring improvements and not negative issues should they not?
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
May update is such a mess. Battery drains soo fast when idle. Ive noticed lag and stutter occasionally, need a fix quick!
Pjc21
Navigator
Options
Agreed, don't get me wrong I love the phone but just feel like software issues are at times a let down. You dont have to look far on the comments pages to see, others with issues when an update drops.
I do wonder at times if they test a patch before putting it out in the wild.

However as I say, I do love the phone so they must be doing something right, and I'm sure with all that's going on in the world, it's not been as smooth for any company to hold too target standards in fairness.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I'll sell you a 2013 Moto G for $1200, I can guarantee it won't get any updates 😉
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

and a PC running Windows 3.1!

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well 98 SE, I don't have the floppies for 3.11 any more 😁